Monday, September 2, 2013

AND HERE COMES BOB!!

On Saturday I went to town to do some errands, leaving Helen and her son at the house to complete laying the wood floor in Helen’s rooms upstairs. I arrived home to learn that, once again, the police had paid a visit to our corner. It seems that Bob was on the rampage. He was dragging his dogs around, on leash of course, and standing on the road in front of those neighbours who have complained about his antics, shouting obscenities and causing every dog in the area to bark. When he made it to my place, Helen’s son went outside and asked Bob if he was looking for trouble. Bob began shouting that he would call the police. I’m not clear on what happened next, but it seems that two neighbours did call Bob’s bluff and came up behind him. Words were exchanged, and the result was that the police were called and Bob is accusing one of the neighbours of hitting and knocking him into the ditch with a car. Helen said she looked outside and saw the man sitting in the middle of the hill yelling ‘Ow-ow-ow!’, but there was no car in sight. The neighbour in question, when talking to the officer, warned him that Bob was sick, and that he was hassling all of us, and denied the car story. He still has to go to court next month with a deadly weapon accusation. Crazy!

Yesterday Helen’s son, who knows both Bob and his brother Johnny, went over to attempt talking some sense into them. Luckily Bob was not there, so a quarrel was avoided, but Johnny didn’t help matters when he implied that I had started all this, that Bob is acting as he does because of my complaints about his dogs. Right! He made a huge mistake; everyone around knows how many times I have tried to reason with those men. We imagine that he is attacking ME because I am the only person whose complaint could actually cause him trouble. His dogs HAVE and still DO come onto MY land, I have pictures of the results from their fighting with my dogs, and so many witnesses of both that I could fill a courtroom. Helen’s son told Johnny to not even go there, and that he was fortunate I am an animal lover and therefore have been so patient.

During our short community ‘conference’, which was held at my house after the event, I remarked that both men seemed mentally unstable and that maybe this would bring them help. One of the neighbours ended the meeting by declaring that he could get a machine and help them move elsewhere, literally, house and all – that both the men and their dogs wouldn’t have to lift a finger, but just hang onto the walls as he picked up the house and moved everything away, lock, stock and barrel. We all laughed, but I can’t say that one of us disagreed with his idea.

In spite of the action, Helen’s floor did get finished, and she is hopping around like an excited child cleaning things up, placing the furniture, hanging pictures. I think she is finally feeling that she has a space she can call her own, and seeing her so happy makes me SMILE.

Sending them out to you all on the last day of this long weekend – hope they make your day just a bit better!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: