Tuesday, September 10, 2013

N.B. VISITS

And I’m back, as of 7 PM or so last night. The doggies were ecstatic, so excited that it was a fight to stay on my feet as they rushed to greet me. Helen, my faithful doggie-sitter, told me they had been whining most of Friday – seeming to know it wasn’t just a couple of hours away for an errand. She took them out for walks, as did my grandson when he was around, and they were well fed and cared for, but Mistress is, of course, the focal part of their canine lives. They have been following me around, step for step, and are lying at my feet as I write this. Such devotion is an experience never to be lived by those who do not, or never did, have pets.

It was an excellent visit, first with my sister and her hubby who were vacationing at their mountain site in Perth-Andover. We arrived there Friday night to a supper of organic chicken stew and dumplings – to die for! – and, although I wasn’t aware of it beforehand, it was my BIL’s birthday, so we duly celebrated the occasion! We haven’t seen each other for 4 years; there was plenty of catching up to do. I do love that little area of the world; it is picturesque and so peaceful – and a perfect setting for that nature-loving couple.

Saturday morning, we went on to my brother’s home outside Moncton, and this time I was healthy and able to make the round of friends I had been too sick to see in April. I always enjoy the company of my youngest bro and his family; laughter is predominate is their home, not a small part initiated by the wonderful sense of humor of my SIL, Lori. A while back, I wrote a post about her and her contribution to this weary world. A giggle and a few, that lady!!

On Sunday I was in Salisbury to meet my new grand-niece; well, new to me – she turned 2 on Saturday. Her daddy and mommy came back to my bro’s house with us that evening; more laughter, a BBQ, and much fawning over the baby, who is my bro’s first grandchild.

It was days of pleasure, except for Helen’s daughter who bombarded me with long, nasty text messages, one after the other. Fortunately she was at work when I stopped to pick up Helen’s winter tires and the few things left behind from Helen’s move; I’d have been hard put to keep from slapping her on the back of that vindictive little head of hers. She was caught out in her greed and instead of admitting it and apologizing she is lashing out at her mother. I didn’t inform Helen or her son about this – there is no earthly reason to cause such distress – but I did show the messages to my brother, who was astounded at the language the daughter used to describe her mother and me (because I’m her mother’s friend). We both shook our heads and said, in the same breath, “Twit!!” I didn’t bother to answer any of her accusations; I have better things to do with my time.

It was a wonderful break – the driving, the lovely scenery, and the fun visits – and renewed energy for the return to the grindstone. I’ll be doing a similar trip in the other direction within a couple of weeks, heading down to see Suzie in Detroit. Looks like there will be a permanent SMILE on my face this month!!

Sending out your share!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: