Thursday, September 26, 2013

ALONE AGAIN

An update on Alexia: Her fever had starting rising again and the antibiotics they have been giving her are causing much discomfort in her intestines, so poor wee girl is crying a lot. They have done tests to determine what type of bacteria/virus is causing this, and should have the results today, which will help for treatment. I forwarded your prayers to her grandmother, who is very grateful, and asks if we could continue until this little lady is out of danger.

Yesterday it felt weird, but not a bad weird, to find myself alone in my house again. Since my grandson signed the papers at the notary last Friday, he and his GF have been spending their days and nights at their own house, painting and preparing for the arrival of my first great granddaughter who is expected at the end of October. They were very fortunate – the house comes completely furnished (except for baby stuff), because the owner was moving out west and didn’t want the bother of shipping the contents. Helen is still spending her weekdays with her son, so will arrive on Friday night, and leaves again late Sunday afternoon, and that means the weekdays are back to me and the doggies.

Oh – and Dora, my grandson’s female cat, with her two new babies, which were born while I was away. They are still downstairs in the apartment, with one of her two humans dropping in daily to check up on and feed her. They’ll wait until the babies are a couple of weeks old before introducing the little family to their new home. I go down and offer cuddles and pieces of chicken as a special treat for Mama Kitty, but do no more than glance at the kittens to make sure they are still there and okay; we don’t need Dora getting worried and hiding them somewhere else, which cats tend to do with their young if there are too many visitors.

The result is that I can do my laundry and vacuuming during the night without the fear of waking anyone. I can also yell and dance to my heart’s desire when cheering on my HABS, who are playing pre-season games already, or throw balls to end of the hall for Grump and Smooch because no one will complain about the racket those two make as they skid across the floor in the chase. I’m enjoying this!

In fact, I’m considering not renting the apartment, at least for the winter. I had an electrician make an estimate to install a separate box and wiring; it is far too expensive to have done at the moment. When I compare the cost of hydro with it rented or empty, I was PAYING to have my grandson live down there with the rate I was charging. Without separate controls, the income needed would be far too high, unless I could find someone who is able and willing to pay such an amount to live out here in the bush, and who owns a 4 wheel drive or wouldn’t mind the long walk up the lane in the winter. In the meantime, with Helen using the top floor, it leaves room for family and friends when they need to stay over.

The sun has come up now, and I can hear my boys waking up. They’ll be looking to go out into the early morning sunshine, and I have another busy day ahead, translating my CV to French, and researching potential employment, so I’ll wish you all a good day, and am sending you each a huge SMILE to start it off - hope you enjoy receiving as much as I do giving!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: