Thursday, September 19, 2013

THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM?

If ever I get a little bored and want some activity around here (other than the usual stuff, I mean) all I need to do is plan a trip somewhere; it never fails!

Tomorrow morning I am to leave for Detroit to visit Suzie for the weekend. This trip had been planned for months now, long before the menace of losing my last regular client (a done deal now), or my grandson finalizing the purchase of his first house and decision to move on Saturday, or a sudden call to meet with persons unknown for a new business proposal (NOT!), or an old friend showing up with intricate and pressing tax problems requesting my help, or my Japanese DIL being called for a medical procedure in the city and needing a lift home, or Helen’s visit to a lawyer in another part of the city where she needed a driver.....and I could go on with the surprises popping up during the week but those were the highlights. Except maybe for the HABS scheduling the first of their two exhibition games on Monday, both of which they lost.

I am looking forward to the long drive down to Detroit. It will give me a chance to relax.

I really don’t know what is going to happen on my return. As of next week, I have no choice but to apply my energies to finding work that pays, even if it does mean my becoming a commuter again. It’s whole new challenge, one that I did not really want, but...everything happens for a reason.

For the moment, I am looking forward to spending a couple of days with Suzie, talking things out, basking in the love and laughter of a good friend, recharging my Energizer batteries.

What will this winter bring? I don’t have the faintest idea, and that, in itself, is an adventure.

I’ll see you all when I get back next Monday. Until then, sending out a whack of SMILES to warm your weekend!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: