Thursday, September 5, 2013

WILL BE AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS...

Morpheus has forsaken me again, sticking around only 3 to 4 hours per night, then sneaking back at the worst moments during the day. If he was my husband, I’d give him a taste of the rolling pin. But he isn’t, so all I can do is endure and wonder why the mythical bugger has selected me (among others, I’m sure) for his shenanigans, and this ever since I can remember. I still haven’t found a reasonable reason.....

On Friday morning I’ll be heading to NB. The main purpose is to pick up Helen’s winter tires from her daughter’s house, but I will also take the time to visit my brother’s and nephew’s families. One of my sisters, who lives in Alberta but is currently at her lovely summer place in Perth-Andover, NB, is also on my list. The last time we enjoyed each other’s company was a year or so before Bird got sick.

The change of pace will do me good. The country down east is gorgeous, (I’m sure Nautikos agrees) and I’m looking forward to the drive and seeing all those wonderful people. Helen will stay here with the doggies. I have advised her daughter that I will be stopping by and she said ok. Those two ladies have not talked to each other since Helen moved back here. A pity; time is so short.

Because of the trip I will miss the baby shower being held for my grandson’s girlfriend. I can’t say I am sorry. I am not a ‘shower’ person, and have to force myself to attend when I can’t get out of it. I’d just as soon wait and give her a nice gift when the baby is born in late October; something she may be lacking to spoil my great-granddaughter. This new addition to the family will be christened Lena, an old fashioned but pretty name that one can easily pronounce in both official languages of this country.

I still haven’t completed the documents for the government. A letter arrived yesterday informing me that my file has been transferred to a representative of that formidable collection agency and damn! I’ve dealt with this particular civil servant once before, at which time I was neglecting most work while caring for Bird. We were not compatible then and I doubt very much it will be easier now. I’m already reinforcing the walls of my Happy Bubbles; I have a feeling he’s going to want to burst them wide open!

However, for the here and now our weather is perfect in my book. Soon we’ll be sitting around cosy, crackling fires while cheering on my HABS, who have reinforced the team during the summer. Sam’s Red Wings are in our division this year, so I imagine the texting during the games will be fast and furious, LOL!

Life is good, and one can’t help but SMILE. Sending our big, warm ones for y’all!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: