Sunday, March 6, 2011

VEGGIN'


Photo courtesy of Photobucket
It was ‘lie-low’ weather yesterday in the bush. When my son called to ask me how the roads were up here, I suggested that he celebrate Yoshio’s birthday in the city instead, and he readily agreed. His job has him driving all week, in all kinds of temperatures. Why negotiate slippery roads on your weekend if you don’t have to?

After doing some light housework, I built up the fire, and Grump and I settled on the couch in front of the TV. It wasn’t long before we fell to sleep. Ah...one has to love the occasional lazy day!

Grump, of course, did not agree. We were no sooner awake than he began to hint that we should go outside and play. If it had been still snowing, I’d have probably agreed, but the rain was coming down by then, and everything was glare ice out there, so I refused. I’m sure my dog is convinced that his mistress can be terribly boring at times.

Other than talk on the telephone once or twice, answer some e-mails, browse in Blogit, download a couple of books to my Kindle, I did little of anything before it was time to watch the HABS win their Saturday night game. A short stint of reading, then bedtime. The life of Riley.

Today, however, will be a different story. There is a pile of paperwork on my desk, floors to wash, laundry to be done, and I need to go into town for some errands. We’re deep into another snowstorm, and apparently it is to last until tomorrow morning, so there is no use attempting to wait it out. My Demons have come back home.

I’ll get to it. Wishing you all a great day, and sending you all a huge SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

J'ai comme l'impression que c'est ton chien qui mène chez toi. Il te laisse dormir quand il veut, ou insiste pour que tu sortes dehors avec lui quand cà lui tente.(Je te taquine) Quand même, c'est bon d'avoir cet être là dans la maison. Kilroy