Wednesday, March 16, 2011

STEP INTO MY BUBBLE!


Bubble courtesy of Photobucket
I’m taking a day off from the present world; I stepped into my sparkling, bouncing bubble of fun. I will NOT read the news, and instead of listening to the radio, there is a CD of swinging salsa music rocking my house. I will NOT speak to any civil-servant-wanna-be-cop; I am absent, in an all-day meeting, unreachable for the next 24 hours….whatever.

I will NOT worry about my brother’s cancer; there is nothing I can do about it anyway. For the moment, I have done anything that I can about other tragedies out there, so, on this Wednesday, I refuse to feel sad, or guilty, or angry. Grump and I will take a meandering walk in the softly, falling snow (yes, the Demons have returned to the Bush!), drink in the beautiful scenery out here, and then maybe I’ll make an apple crisp and surprise my daughter with it when I run into the store. Cooking is a joy for me, and it’s her favorite dessert.

I’ll wash my sheets so that I can crawl into a clean, fresh bed tonight (I’d wash them everyday just to get that feeling!), start some pretty flames hopping in the fireplace, and do some light cleaning in my grandson’s apartment downstairs. That beautiful boy bought his mom and his m’mère (me) a gift certificate for an afternoon at a well-know spa, including 50 minutes of massage, which he handed to me on his arrival last week. No particular reason for it – just an idea that we would enjoy it. Sweet!

Rather than mourn the loss of those stories I had saved on the hard disk of my ex-computer, I’ll start writing new tales. My imagination has been slumbering; we’re gonna wake that baby up! When I need to leave the computer and stretch my legs, Grump will join me and we’ll dance together from the kitchen all the way down the hall to the living room. I can sing in Spanish at the top of my lungs and that Grump-puppy will not complain at all!

I have proclaimed that this be a CHEERFUL day for yours truly – a day of giggles and SMILES! I I’m sending a whole slew of those SMILES out over cyber-space – you are welcome to catch one, jump into my bubble, and celebrate with me!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Very strong the person that can put aside the worries of the day like you just did. J'aimerais être capable d'agir ainsi. Le problème est qu'on a beau essayer de tasser ces mosus de problèmes qui rebondissent tout le temps. Les tiens doivent être sérieux pour t'entendre parler fort comme çà. Est-ce que tu vivrais présentement une crise d'écurite aiguë? Remenber: When the going get's tough, the tough get going. Do as you preach:...SMILE. xxx me