Sunday, March 20, 2011

THE FAIRY MOON


Photo courtesy of Photobucket
What a moon was out there last night! Grump and I, accompanied by the beautiful Louka, walked for a long time, basking under the clear light, admiring its effect on the snow and trees along our country road. I wouldn’t have been surprised to come upon sprites and fairies, gracefully dancing their love and admiration, flickering in and among the huge stones and their own shadows….it was a night for magic in the bush. If one is allowing imagination free rein during a solitary midnight stroll, it’s wiser to lean towards the little people than werewolves, right?

My brother decided to wait and see his family doctor on Monday rather than sit for hours in emergency at the hospital yesterday. He’s a grown man so, whether I agree or not, there‘s no point in arguing with him. Slightly frustrated, I took it out on my floors. I danced with my mop from one end of the house to the other and Grump, although an avid spectator, stayed well out of my way until I finished. The music was too loud for his doggie ears, so most of his watching was done from the other side of the glass doors lining the gallery.

Believe it or not, that’s about all I did in the past 24 hours! It may have been the lack of sleep from the day before, or just age? My energy was low, and my couch far too inviting. I snoozed for a bit, stretched out in the late afternoon sun shining through the windows. Ah...so nice! I woke to find that Grump had followed my example, and was slumbering on the loveseat in the same room. Aren’t we a pair!

The weather is fine again this morning. Other than watch the HABS play later this afternoon, I still haven’t determined which of the many tasks, if any, I will choose to do. Whatever it turns out to be, you can be sure I’ll be SMILING because, really, that’s what it’s all about, isn’t it?

I’ve sent one flying through cyber-space – on its way to you now! I hope it helps you to enjoy your Sunday!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

Christine Ritter said...

Love this. I am so into the Moon and all of her phases. The Super Moon was so awesome. :-)