Thursday, March 3, 2011

THE DAY TODAY


Grump is pouting. He wanted me to go for a walk tonight, but I really don’t have the energy, so I opted for relaxation in the Jacuzzi instead. The minute he saw me turn on the tap, Mr. Grump lost any hope that his repeated efforts would change my mind. He did a doggie ‘HUFFMP!’, turned his back and stalked away. He’s on his cushion now, and I’m getting The Look, LOL!

It’s not that he is restricted out here in the bush. He is allowed to roam freely as long as he stays within the boundaries, so has lots of running space on the land. I know he enjoys my company, and walking up the country road is, of course, out of bounds unless I’m with him, so is rarer, therefore a treat. Yet I have a sneaking suspicion that he has another reason for wanting my presence…he intends me to be a bodyguard. Those thrill-seeking ladies are still out there, and I fear he is under the false illusion that they will be less likely to bother him when he’s running beside his mistress. The poor fellow has much to learn about females and their hormones.

I worked from home part of the day, and spent the rest running around picking up tax papers, collecting office accounts, doing errands. I was back to the house by 3 PM, and prepared supper for Dawna and Malcolm, who arrived not much later with laptop in hand. Malcolm is setting up a data program for our business, and we needed to get together and exchange information before he can complete the job. It was a nice evening, with interesting conversation, as is usual with these two, and yes, after eating we watched the HABS win their game.

The water has finished running, the soft scent of Tamanu beckons, so I leave you now to slip into warm, gentle bubbles. From there I will send out cyber-wishes that you all enjoy sweet and restful dreams tonight; that Justi has a special birthday tomorrow, and that each of you catch my SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: