Saturday, March 19, 2011

SPRING = CHANGE

I don’t think anyone likes having to spend time in hospitals, especially when it’s for something serious. I came out of there exhausted, but nothing close to the shape my brother was in. He dozed nearly all the way home. Granted neither of us slept more than 3 hours the night before, and we were on the road at 5 AM, attempting to thwart the rush hour on the way into the city. At least this time, after already trying twice without success, they managed to complete the biopsy on his lung. They also discovered that he has a bad case of pneumonia again. Today we’ll be back in emergency at one of the local hospitals to get a prescription for the infection. The docs were all very busy yesterday, and my bro was too beat to wait. He just wanted to get back home and into bed. As for the cancer, within 6 to 7 days we shall know at what stage the tumor is now, and then decide on treatment.

The sky is clear blue over my mountain this morning, with a huge, warm sun to complete the picture. There is still too much snow to work in the yard outside, but Grump and I have been strolling around, planning where to put my garden this year. I know I’ll need to fence the area first, what with all the dogs running around loose. Scarecrows just don’t cut the mustard with the four-legged intruders. It should be quite the experience; I don’t have a green thumb, and have only ever been the helper, my friend being the expert on that kind of thing. We shall see what kind of veggies I can grow on my own. If nothing else, it will prove interesting.

When the smell of spring is in the air, I get itchy for change, for something new. While enjoying my Bubble Day last week, I decided to visit the hairdresser. In fact, I had just sat down on her swivel chair when the earthquake rolled through here. Was it the realization that unexpected events can quickly alter our lives? Whatever, I decided out of the blue to forego trim and streaks for drastic cut and color. I must admit that I am very pleased with the result. This effect can become a dangerous precedent; it may have awakened my latent desire for doing the unpredictable, something I was sure, and my family hoped, that I had outgrown. I can feel those old familiar stirrings…..LOL!

The new 'do' - whatddya think?

One thing we can depend on, that will never change, that will always rebound, is my SMILE! Life is not always easy, but I’m convinced that our SMILES do much to lighten the load. Hoping I’ve helped you shed a couple of pounds, folks – and wishing you a great fun-filled weekend!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

2 comments:

polichon said...

WOW, I can't believe it, is that really you on the picture? If it is , a real young chick you look like. I would say you do not look older than your daughter. C'est pas croyable combien cette coiffure te change, mais c'est beau. I like it. Keep up the good spirit. xxxx Me

Christine Ritter said...

I really LOVE the new look. I am in great need for many changes and I agree Spring is the time. You look so beautiful!