Saturday, January 30, 2010

WEEKEND EVENTS

This morning you can look out of any one of the many windows in my house and get stuck there, admiring the view. I know it’s very cold (was -36 last night), but the sun is shining, and doing the most wonderful things to the snow-covered mountain, the long winding lane, the trees…a postcard picture no matter which direction holds your gaze. With such a feast for the eyes, it’s hard to imagine why anyone could complain about our Canadian winters. Note that I am standing inside, where the fires’ warmth allows me to admire the beauty while still garbed in my pyjamas. If I was standing outside dressed in similar attire, feeling the bone-chilling temperature, my words would probably wax less poetic, LOL.

I will be working all weekend. It’s annoying, but expected in my chosen line of work at this time of year. I should be in the office by now, in fact, but more than one event has delayed my departure.

The first is that Murphy held me in his arms later than planned; it was such a deep sleep, and thoroughly appreciated by this insomniac. Granted, I had not been in bed that long. Karen, my long-time friend who lives in Saskatoon, called last night and, as is usual when we get gabbing, time just whizzed by. Was it five or six hours before we reluctantly said goodbye and hung up the phone? I’m not sure, but it doesn’t matter. It’s a rare occasion when we get the chance to chat together, and our conversations never seem to last long enough.

The second reason is job-related. We received a request from a hospital yesterday - the services of two nurses are needed, beginning next Monday. My co-worker found the candidates, which is a feat in itself. Nurses are at a premium in this area. My colleague is meeting one of the ladies for her C.V. and copies of diplomas, and I am to pick the documents up, then fax the information from my office to the hospital this afternoon. When the administrator arrives on Monday morning, everything will be ready. We enjoy being able to provide good and rapid results.

The third reason is not so pleasing. My backhoe is stuck on a side road with a busted tire. Heinz is out there now waiting on the garage dude to arrive. It is one of the huge, back wheels, and they do not come cheap. I foresee another loaded credit card. Ugh!

Now it’s time to go. Hope you are all enjoying the first day of the weekend. Sending you my SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Koolcat...How can you write-"Sending you my smile" when I feel that you are mad as hell bitching after your backhoe and having to go to work.Je ne crois pas en ta bonne humeur. Moi aussi je serais en titi. Kilroy