Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SUZIE, ME & TEQUILA

Boy, was I out to lunch in my last post here. There was no Habs game Saturday; it was on Sunday and started at 3 PM instead of 5 PM. Maybe the players were hung over too,because they skated rather lazily, and lost. Not that I could fully concentrate on my ‘living room couch coaching’ ability. I had headed up to Suzie’s earlier than planned the night before, and we managed to empty that whole bottle of tequila between the two of us – that’s in shooters with beer chasers!! Heinz was my designated driver. I don’t remember calling him to come for me, and I’m not sure that I even recall his arrival, nor the drive home. He tells me we were dancing the flamingo, and alternately singing and laughing at the top of our lungs when he walked in, the music at full tilt – just the 2 of us – Suzie & me. I do remember that my daughter came to join us for an hour or so, but she was sober, not quite on our wave length, so she hightailed it out of there. LMAO!

I was expecting to feel groggy the next day, of course. But I was also smiling inside. Suzie & I do this once or twice a year, and it always seems to work as a much needed ‘time-out’ in my head. We don’t go anywhere; just stay at her place, the two of us, and there’s a lot of giggling, sometimes crying, much loud music and dancing, and just….FUN! No one else sticks around for long - we’re too foolish. It’s like a mini-vacation.

Sunday I read, did some writing, relaxed with the hockey game, and drank gallons of water. By Monday I was back in the office, but had already decided that I badly needed a couple of days off. I contacted my associates to warn them. High season will be starting in a couple of weeks (yep, tax time again!) and, if I want to be able to handle it, some vacation time was necessary. I’ll be there Thursday, but today, tomorrow, and Friday are all mine. I’m going to play outside with my doggies, do some writing and reading, sleep when I feel like it, and just chill out. I’m sure my friend, Kilroy, is proud of me!

Speaking of sleep, I’m heading for an afternoon nap right now. The pits are already curled up by the fireplace, the bush is quiet in its layers of snow, and dreamland awaits. Ah, but life is good, and I’m SMILING!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Well, well, well, Koolcat, I'm very happy for you that you are able to find peace and find the strenght to say "no" to your slave drivers and to take time off to recuperate.Good for you. That's the smart girl that I know; however, I don't think that I would like to be present when you and Suzie are out on the party. WOW.xxxKilroy