Friday, January 1, 2010

The New Year

Ahhh...a new year. I stand, gazing out my window, steaming coffee in hand, and watch the snow fall steadily on my mountain. Beautiful!

The electricity had gone off, but at least the coffee was already brewed. I hoped it would come back on quickly – I hadn’t read Kilroy’s blog yet, an important part of my morning routine. Was this an omen? 2010 is going to force me to change my routines? Ugh! I know some things need to change, but I want to be the one in charge of that – no help required from outside sources, thank you very much!

I spent the last day of 2009 working until 2 PM, then came home and snoozed for an hour. My energy level is extremely low, probably due to the cold/flu bug which is still harassing my body’s system. I was up in time for the hockey game, of course. After watching our Habs win again, I reluctantly dressed to go out, all the while keeping one eye on the Canada-USA juniors (Canada won that one too!!). Suzie has arrived from Detroit, and I had promised to meet her for a “Ringing-in 2010” party. I kept my promise, albeit I arrived quite late, and left very early. I was back home by 11:30, and welcomed the New Year by sitting quietly by the fire with Heinz and the doggies, lifting a glass of wine in salute, and munching on Oka cheese – a stinky beginning, LOL!

I know the kids will be calling (my daughter has already) to extend their best wishes, and my brother & niece intend to drop by later today too. The power is back on (or you wouldn’t be reading this!), and on the first day of the New Year, so far, peace reigns in the bush.

And I’m heading back to my comfy bed for a couple of hours – it’s called catch-up – while the going is good. I want to wish you all a happy, healthy, prosperous year for 2010. And for those suffering at the moment (my thoughts especially to soldiers and their families), I pray that healing will not be tardy, and that your memories of loved ones sustain you until you can once again SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Ugh! I know some things need to change, but I want to be the one in charge of that – no help required from outside sources, thank you very much!
Koolcat,I don,t quite grasp the above sentence. That's what my brother tells me. A little help from friends does no harm. Sorry, none of my business. Ton frère prend du mieux s'il peut te visiter....that's good news.Kilroy. XXX