Saturday, January 9, 2010

BAD TIMING.

Don’t do it! If anyone asks you to go shopping for clothes after the Christmas/New Year season – refuse! Point blank. If you decide to go anyway, be prepared to face the result of your nights and days of delightful feasting on all sorts of goodies. Everything in your regular size will not fit (as opposed to being rude and describing it as ’way too tight’). DO NOT let yourself be steered towards the ‘XXL” section. Take your pride in hand, then turn around and walk out of there before the temptation to slap the obviously insincere, flattering salesperson (who keeps turning you AWAY from the mirror) overrides your sense of dignity!

The above paragraph must give you a hint as to what I was doing yesterday. Yes, Suzie and I went shopping. Wrong move. The only thing I should have been even considering would have to be a treadmill or an exercise bicycle. UGH! Thankfully the dollar store saved the day – buying household and art supplies doesn’t make one notice the 15 or so extra pounds on your butt…except if you walk every aisle in the place and get tired faster than usual from lugging around the extra weight. Even then, you can console yourself that this is the beginning of the exercise plan you swore to undertake as you were stuffing yourself with the second helping of turkey and creamy, mashed potatoes, and lots of that delicious gravy, please….Sigh! I wonder what they’ll think when I have to show up at the office in sweatpants?

I have to say that we did have a good time – as Suzie and I always do. We stopped off to see my bro, Bird, where we stayed to chat with him and Fran for a bit, then I dropped Suzie off at home and came back to my bush. I was in bed, safe in the arms of Murphy, by 7:30 PM. Wonderful! I didn’t hear a thing before 3:30 this morning. Murphy had taken his leave by that time, of course, so I made my coffee, booted up Kilroy’s blog, and then followed it by reading on my writers’ site until the sun came up. Yes, the elusive sun!!! Kilroy has been lamenting its absence, so must be very happy this morning?

I have things to do and people to see, so will get to it now. Hoping you all have a great day, and that you are SMILING while enjoying the spectacular scenery provided by Mr. Canadian Winter!

C ya later!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

That was a good snooze from 7h30pm till 3h30am. As you say, I was pleased to see Galarneau ; however, the son of a gun will hide again for the rest of the week come tomorrow with more snow on the way.That's good news for people living in the bush