Thursday, January 7, 2010

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY.

Yesterday (Jan 6th) was my bro, Bird’s birthday. In spite of my determination to take time off, I did work for most of the day, but from home, by telephone and computer. Because of this, I was able to invite Bird & Fran for a birthday supper. Bird didn’t eat much, he never does, but there was music playing, the fires on, and Fran & I sang Happy Birthday to him as he blew out his one, big candle on the cake. It was a nice evening, especially because we have been unable to do this for so long, what with my hectic schedule. The doctors told him that two years without the cancer coming back (his type, anyway) is the magic mark – and it will be that long at the end of February this year. So far, so good.

And today, January 7th, is my youngest brother’s birthday. Pody lives in NB with his family, and it’s for sure he won’t be coming here for supper, LOL, but I expect he’ll be celebrating it down in Moncton, maybe with lobster? Will give him a ring tonight and let you know tomorrow.

My only granddaughter, Erika, is starting a full time session in Sir- John-Abbott College this month. It will be the first time our small-town girl lives away from home, but she is sharing an apartment with some of her brother’s friends, so it’s not like she is a lone fledgling in the big, strange city. I’m sure she will enjoy the experience. She does very well in her studies, besides working part-time, and we’re proud of her!

My oldest pit-bull, Bud, has been diagnosed with skin cancer. Tonight is his appointment with the vet surgeon, who should be able to tell me if it’s operable or not, and what procedures need to be taken. Bud is 9 years old, which is old enough for a rock-n-roll pit, but I’m very attached to him, so I’ll do all that is feasible help him out.

I was to go to the office in Montreal today, but the girls are holding the fort quite well in my absence, so I believe I’ll just work from home again. I know I need to get some things done for the Mirabel office, but that can be done from here too. I might as well take advantage of it, because with high season starting, and Yoshiko leaving for Japan on Jan. 17th, I doubt there will be an occasion to get time off before the end of April. Even if it’s not a complete rest from the business, these last couple of days have at least given me some breathing space, and I feel better already. The cold is still in my system, but I don’t feel so fatigued, some of the energy is seeping back, and that’s a good thing. Maybe I’ll be in shape soon to challenge my friend, Kilroy, to a game of tennis, LOL!

I’ve promised that I’ll get back to blogging in here at least every second day during the year 2010. It’s only the first week, so we shall see if I’m able to keep the vow. I missed doing it, so will try my best!

Have a good day, people. I hope you have all started the New Year with a big SMILE, and that you are spending it freely! It will surely help to warm this winter’s chill!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

When I travelled throuout the maritimes for my work , long ago and far away,the only way I could obtain lobster at this time of the year was throuugh a poacher who a buddy of mine knew. I guess your brother must know one or two of these guys to enjoy lobster for his supper.I note that your blog was posted at 4:21 AM, that's awfully early. It will be nice to read your blog daily. Don't give up. Kilroy...xxxx