Sunday, March 15, 2015

WEEKENDS ARE FOR...

Wow! It’s like a Winter Fairyland out there. The prediction was for 5 cm, but I have at least 12 on my gallery, and it was shovelled right down to the wood before the storm began last night. It’s still snowing! Skiers will be jubilant; spring watchers, not so much. For my friends who arrived yesterday from the sunny shores of Mexico, welcome home, LOL!

I spent the whole day Saturday working in my home office, taking a short time out for an afternoon nap and, of course, last night’s hockey game, where my Habs kept me on the edge of my seat until I danced in celebration of their well-deserved win over the NY Islanders. Bandit lay purring on my knee at the start of the game, but soon felt it was safer to be elsewhere. Cats are NOT doggies.

Like TAPS, I used to walk barefoot everywhere it was allowed. Now there’s a huge corn on the sole of my right foot that I need to have removed regularly to even walk comfortably with shoes. I had an appointment with a new Foot Care lady, but cancelled because it was the day Miko was coming home from the hospital, so have been limping slightly. I was delighted when the lady called me back yesterday and, hearing my work schedule, offered to see me this morning at 10:00. I must add here that she is also a friend, although we don’t see each other often. I’m not sure she would accommodate everyone on a Sunday morning.

I definitely need to get some housework (UGH!) done today. There is to be a big shindig here next weekend –many of my son’s and my friends and families to come and meet little Miko. We didn’t really get together the past Christmas as is our tradition, so this will make up for our missing out. It will be even more fun because all the babies will be here too. It’s a pot-luck meal, thankfully, because Mémère would be hard put to find time to prepare a huge feast. All the ladies in the group are excellent cooks, and after enjoying their company for a few hours, I also get to keep the leftovers – food and booze. Thinking on that, it’s actually worth having to do the cleaning!

There you go -another full day on the agenda, and an Adnohr who grumbles but is actually grateful that she is still able to get (some) things done. And there could be surprises along the way. Each day seems to bring something unexpected. Ain’t it grand? (Sorry, Ciel).

The starter pistol has sounded, so off I go! Sending you a huge, SMILE, dancing its way to you, surrounded by hug, white, fluffy flakes of lovely snow!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: