Friday, March 20, 2015

MARRIED???

I commented on a post that a close friend put up on Facebook, and was tagged in the Breast Cancer Awareness fun. For those not familiar with the game, if you comment on a player’s irregular status, you must then post something on your own status. They give you a choice of 10 rather amusing statements, and I figured that ‘I’m getting married’ would be the one to provoke the most reaction from any of my FB cronies. For each one who commented, most extending their congratulations for public view, and from some who didn’t dare comment publically, I received panicked, private messages asking me if it was for real...if I had fallen on my head....if Brad Pitt had finally relented and contacted me...and all were unanimous in their ‘NO WAY!’ It is hilarious!

I was wondering mostly what my kids would say. My daughter caught it immediately – she had been there, done that – and my oldest son sent me a text that he knew it had to be a joke, but that Yoshiko, his wife, thinks it’s for real and is freaking out. He says he’s having too much fun to tell her the truth. My youngest son has either not yet seen it, or is wisely keeping his opinion to himself. All in all, it sent out shock waves to those who know me well. Now I’ll wait and see if they will follow up and choose from the 10 choices to keep it going.

I do admit that I relented and warned my French-speaking-only friends that it wasn’t true and what it was about. This was done after the third time my telephone rang with OMG –You are kidding!’s. The directions for the game I sent on to my English people, but I would have to translate it for the others to understand, and office and cleaning and cooking for the family/friend invasion tomorrow don’t allow me enough time for the translation or for answering continuous calls. And we though Obama stirred up a hornet’s nest!!!

My BF doesn’t use Facebook, so he’ll only hear about it if someone mentions it to him – which is quite possible. The Bush is not that far from the village, and yes – like every other small place rumors fly fast and furious. I could warn him, but what fun would that be?

It’s a ‘to be continued’. In the meantime, I’m sending you all a huge SMILE, hoping something in your day will make you laugh as much as I am doing right now!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: