Saturday, March 14, 2015

ABOUT BEING CHILDISH...

I know that we’ve been doing this daylight saving thing forever, and that the media is full of advice on how to cope with it, and that we shouldn’t be making a big deal out of it, and that it may be totally irrelevant to my feeling so exhausted at the moment, but I seem to be so much more tired than usual and I like it much better when we get to turn those clocks back an hour! Isn’t that a mouthful?

With that said, we move on.

One day last week my son sent me a picture of his friend, Keith, who had been to visit Miko. Keith is a very big, black man with a heart of gold. He has a 3 year old son, and one can see how he enjoys children. Tiny Miko didn’t even cover a quarter of his arm that was holding her.

For those of you who use Facebook, you are probably familiar with the ‘Why you don’t leave baby alone with Daddy’ videos. They are short clips with amusing antics – men playing rock music and dancing around their baby, or placing the little tyke on a remote controlled truck and driving him through the house; men being overgrown boys and playing with their child, doing things they probably wouldn’t do in the presence of a protective mommy.

My son posted a picture under the title, and there was little Miko wearing a large, curly, black wig. Under the photo, my son wrote ‘Keith – man – we gotta talk!!’ It was hilarious. Even more so with Keith’s answer: Hahaha! My bad !!!!! She's BLACKINISE - HALF BLACK half ASIAN!

As one girl commented – that baby will never find life boring with her daddy around. I was as much a child as my kids were (and often got lectured about it), and it’s heart-warming to see them continuing the games with their own. I know that little Miko will have many occasions to laugh as she thrives in this family of ours, and the knowledge makes me SMILE!

You’re welcome to share in the fun – I’ve sent the SMILE out and it should be bouncing around you at this very moment!! If it’s not the right size, let me know – there are bigger ones in stock!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: