Monday, September 21, 2009

THE VITAMINS

It was a quiet weekend. On Saturday morning I started taking the vitamins that are so touted – I’m expecting to feel like a million bucks by the end of the month. It seems that the first few days of this therapy involves a lot of toilet time. Cleansing, they call it. Whatever it is, it’s working. I’ve also been warned that I will feel sleepy until my system gets used to absorbing all these natural boosters. That’s working too. I did a lot of snoozing over the past couple of days. For insomniacs such as me, it was like winning a jackpot! It was nice, deep sleeps, only waking to continue the other part – the cleansing, LOL!

I wanted to see my grandson, Raphael, to give him his birthday present, so I ran into town for a few minutes yesterday. I had some grocery shopping to do too. Not much, which was fortunate, because the cleansing was still going on. I was third waiting in line for my things to be rung up, and was very relieved to see another girl open her cash and beckon me over. I was still doing the ‘gotta-go’ dance while she checked out my few articles. I think she noticed, and was sympathetic, because she was quick about it. When it was done, I raced over to Bird’s, and I must have visited his bathroom at least twice during our short visit. When I made it back to the house I had another short snooze, did some cooking, and then worked for an hour or so before a short stint in the Jacuzzi, and bed again. I woke this morning at 3:30 AM, bright eyed and bushy tailed! Will it carry me through the day? We shall see; I have a meeting tonight at 6 P.M., so will be home late. Those vitamins have their work cut out for them.

The box of licorice cigars that both Bird and I were anxiously anticipating were hard as rock, and had a whitish film on them. My daughter had bought them in a Sweet Shop in Montreal, paid enough for them too, so I sent a complaint by e-mail to Hershey (the manufacturer). I’m wondering how long it will take them to respond, if they even do so. To be continued….

That’s it for now, folks. I have a few things to finish up before braving the traffic to the office, so send you all a big, warm smile and wish you all a good day!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Hello Koolcat. What are these vitamins that are expected to work miracles called? Of course I am glad that they are beneficial to you. Licorice produces high blood pressure and not good for your teeth, thus it is better that you did not gulp down any. I note your blog was posted at 3:30AM again...go back to bed...Kilroy....xxx