Saturday, September 12, 2009

THE ATTACK OF THE BUG

Ugh! I feared it would happen. People around me were sick off and on during the week. Even with two of the girls staying away from work, and continual hand washing, the bug managed to anchor itself into my system. Yesterday I woke with a scratchy, slightly sore throat, then last night the fact was laid bare. I had to force myself to stop off to say goodbye to Suzie on my way back from the office; she was leaving for Detroit at 4 AM this morning. I arrived home early enough (for me), dragging my body behind me. My bed had never felt so good…but the euphoria was short-lived. To make a long story (or long night!!) short, I spent most of the remaining hours bowing to the ‘porcelain god’ in one position or another. So this morning I’m seeing at all that beautiful sunshine outside and feeling extremely sorry for myself. I’m still feverish, have hardly enough energy to stand up straight, and it’s the weekend. Bah! Humbug!

I was to go visit the Bird today, but we’ll forget that idea. The last thing he needs is a virus. I’m to take him to the Cancer Clinic for his monthly check-up on Monday. I hope to be better by then, but have heard it lasts from 3 to 5 days. Just to be safe, I will warn him so that we can plan for an alternative driver if I’m not up to snuff. He can’t miss that appointment.

I was also supposed to go over the details for our project book on Health Care for the elderly. Most of the points were written out in longhand by a head nurse, and then typed up by one of our stagiares, but there is some revision to be done before retuning it to the nurse for final approval. Our agency is to provide special healthcare workers for senior residences in the city, and the training is to start in October. I tried reading it over this morning, but nothing is sinking into this foggy brain. The nurse will receive my second telephone call.

But I can still write – you see that? The truth is that I feel too awful to sleep, and my head spins worse as soon as I put it down on the pillow. So I decided to come in here and whine; misery loves company, etc... I’m signing off now though, because just these few paragraphs took me at least two hours to complete. I’m going to try sitting out on the gallery for a bit now. Hugging one of the doggies usually helps.

Enjoy your weekend, folks. My SMILE is a little weak, but still visible, so I’m sending it out to y’all. It should be safe – I don’t think this kind of bug has learned to ride cyberspace yet.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

2 comments:

polichon said...

I was not feeling too hot for a couple of days either and the way you describe it, I'm beginning to wonder if it was not a slight attack of flue. shivering , little energy. I blamed it on the corn. Jacqueline's accident helped me snap out of it...You take care now....kilroy

Anonymous said...

In answer to your question regarging Google account. THis short comment is enterd in "anonimous" not "Google"...Let's see if it works
Bye Kilroy