Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RAPH'S BIRTHDAY AND BIRD'S UPDATE

Today my once-upon-a-time ‘little’ grandson Raphael, is twelve, and started high school!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAPH!!! I won’t see him until the weekend, but his mom has a football party planned for him and his friends. Raph is our sports-minded member, much like his Uncle Bow, so will have a great time, I’m sure.

The hospital visit went well, although the docs are still ragging Bird about his smoking. Of course! Still, it is a hard thing to quit, and he has been a smoker since he was 12 – way before they came out with all the danger warnings. Now that he is not able to do much except sit around, it isn’t like he can keep busy to keep his mind off the habit. They did some blood tests after doing the camera down the throat thing, and next time he has to get chest x-rays too. They did say that things are looking good through the camera, considering all the radiation therapy he went through.

We stopped off at my place on the way back to pick up some water. He checked out a few things that needed repairs in the house while he was here, and we sat and chatted for a bit. It was nice to spend some quality time with him. I gave him some of my homemade cure-all soup, and he told me this morning on the phone that it was the best he’s ever tasted. Uh-huh – and full of good vitamins too! Maybe I’ll do one a week and try to fatten him up some!! He was quite delighted to hear that I got custody of the last jar of chokecherry jelly made by the cuz, Wicked Wendy!! LOL!!

When I walked into my office this morning my desk was much as I expected it to be – overflowing! Miss a day, and pay and pay, LOL! One of my old employers dropped in – I hadn’t seen him for ages – and he was happy to see us so busy. What with the regular employees, the new stagiaires, the computer technician, a dude measuring for new desks, two of my associates, and interviews every half hour – yep! I would say it was busy for sure!!

I finally convinced the associates that we needed a meeting for the financial update of our new companies; one to be held in the evening with all cellular phones turned off!! Maybe it was something to do with my wildly shaking my head every time they mentioned money…LOL! It’s to be held tomorrow night, and I have an appointment in the city at 7 AM with a client, so we’re in for a long day!!

My friend, Kilroy mentioned in his Blog that he saw some of our Canadian geese winging south this weekend. I didn’t see them, but I did hear them flying by during my walk with the doggies on Sunday. It’s sad to see them go, and it is also the sign that autumn is here, no matter that the official arrival day is September 21st. Eh bien, we look on the bright side…nice warm fires each evening, beautiful scenery, and soon CHRISTMAS, my favourite day of all!

And with that, I say goodnight, folks. Sweet dreams to y’all! I’m off to the Jacuzzi and, hopefully, will curl up in the arms of Murphy! Sending you my SMILE!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

2 comments:

polichon said...

Always nice to read ur blog. It looks as if we both have a parent to look after. Let's hope someone will look after us when we r old.
What's so special about ur H2O for ur bro to make a provision? Is it rain H2O that you collect? If you r to meet with ur assoc. say hello to the old one. It seems the way you r running around you r no longer held down by the flu. Kilroy. xx

Anonymous said...

Well dear Cousin . . . Do you want to hear what I said when I saw my first flock of Canada Geese????? . . .hint - it was a four letter word that started with the letter "F"!