Wednesday, October 30, 2013

UPDATE

Wow – it was a lively two weeks! Each morning I was out of the house by 7 AM and returned anywhere from 5 to 9 PM, weekends included. The contract is done now – it didn’t turn into full time; for the moment they neither have room at their office, nor are they quite ready to hire more employees. I was helping with the accounting procedures required for the transition from one owner to another. It did lead to an interview for a position in another company, however, which took place this morning. I shall get word back by the end of the week.

It was a new experience for me, being interviewed. Any job I can remember, except for my very first one, was obtained through word of mouth...a friend who knew a friend with an opening...and the job was mine if I wanted it, usually before I walked in the door. Because I didn’t move around often, I have not had to actively search and meet. Goes to show one is never too old to learn. I’m not sure if I helped or hindered my case when they asked me what my notion of an ideal employer would be, and I replied ‘Brad Pitt’.

I made time to take Grump back to the vet, and he did have infection in the mangled ear. The blood had seeped inside, so cleaning and antibiotics were required...another $150. Smooch’s wounds are healing well, so I have gathered all the vet bills and will be contacting the neighbor tonight. His cheque should be coming in tomorrow and I want payback!

I’ll also be inheriting a kitty – my daughter’s BF’s dog and the cat do not get along. The poor puss spends his whole day hiding under the couch. Although Helen declares that she is not a cat-lover, she agreed that she dislikes mice even more, so has decided that Puss is the lesser of two evils. Grump and Smooch will accept him if I ask them to do so, and my daughter wants him in a good home. He should be introduced to his new quarters this Saturday.

I gave in and agreed to babysit my Rug rats again this Friday night, the main reason being that the starting time was changed to 6:30, so I’ll be able to spend some hours playing with them instead of just being there while they sleep. I had forgotten that the Habs will be playing hockey; I wonder how much deviltry they can cause while Mémère is distracted? I’ll get back to you on that one.

And to close, I am happy to tell y’all that we had our first snow last Saturday, and they say we’ll get more this week! I danced like an excited little kid – Helen wept, LOL!! The chimneys will be cleaned this weekend and there will be lovely wood fires to enjoy, plus wonderful views on the mountain....this lady is SMILING!!!

Sharing those SMILES with you, as always.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: