Tuesday, October 22, 2013

AND POOR GRUMP...

Oh boy – this lady is going to be functioning in slow motion today, not advisable when juggling numbers. The doggies kept me awake most of the night. Smooch was coming in and out of my room – woke me the first time by putting his nose right on mine, then wandered around and around the bed, his nails clicking on the floor. I got up and opened the door, thinking he wanted to go out, but no – that wasn’t it. After a short stint of lying, but not quietly, in my closet, he finally returned to his couch. I still don’t know what it was all about. The wounds on his bum and leg are still open but don’t seem to be infected.

It wasn’t an hour later than it was Grump’s turn to invade my sleeping quarters, shaking his head over and over, whimpering and scratching at his ear. It was torn during the fight last Friday; the vet told me to keep an eye on it but didn’t think there would be a problem. Both dogs are still on antibiotics for infection, but Grump’s ear needs to be looked at again. He’s walking with his head to one side and it’s quite obvious he’s in pain. Much like what happens with babies, these things always seem to take place in the middle of the night, or on weekends when no expert is available for immediate help...without enormous cost, that is.

I have to be at work this morning. Fortunately the boss lady loves dogs, owns bull mastiffs too, so hopefully will be willing to allow me the couple of hours required to race back home and take poor Grump to his doc. I hate to see him in pain. I also hate to think of the additional costs; I am planning to hand the all the vet bills to my idiot neighbor, but he is on some kind of work compensation pension, so I doubt there will be any relief from that end.

On the up side, I was able to visit my friends on Sunday, the ones I had cancelled on because of the dog fight last week. It was a most pleasant time spent with very pleasant people; a must-repeat-more-often exercise.

Now it’s that time again...get dressed and go, go, go! I’ll wish you all a great day and, of course, one filled with SMILES! Sending you out mine to start things off......

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: