Friday, November 1, 2013

NOT MUCH...

Yesterday:
The forecast says that my area is in for a wild windstorm, which will probably cause a power outage. Helen has not yet experienced that since her move, and I warned her to be prepared – we often have them during the winter. Storms seem fiercer here somehow, or felt more, maybe because of being so high up, and the wires running through all those trees are susceptible to being damaged. Helen is also nervous about negotiating my hill when the snow comes, with good reason, and has decided to look into purchasing a 4-wheel drive. We’ll be out visiting garages this afternoon.

Unfortunately there will be no little goblins visiting us tonight. We are too far out – and be truthful. Would you want to wander around in the deep, dark forest on spooky Halloween night? No amount of candy...right?

And today:
No sooner said than done. This afternoon we’ll be picking up a new 4 wheel drive; it took Helen all of one hour to make the decision, sign papers, and she is no longer worried about getting stuck anywhere on our bush roads. That lady doesn’t fool around! Most of the time yesterday was spent trying out the vehicle, doing the paperwork...and reassuring her that it is okay to spend money on herself – she tends to give it away to others instead.

It has been raining for the last 24 hours, much to my doggies’ disappointment, but we have not yet had the winds as predicted. TWN are telling us it will be today instead, and are still warning about possible power outages. Hopefully it won’t happen during the HABS game tonight, although I’m not sure how much hockey I will see with 3 Rug rats clamouring for attention. In the future when my son asks me to babysit, I’ll remember to check the schedule before giving my answer!!

No news on the potential job yet, but they did say I was the first interviewed, and there were others to see before making their decision. I know they want to hire ASAP, so expect I’ll hear before the weekend. In the meantime, I have applied elsewhere, but in surrounding areas; I want to avoid driving right down into the city if possible.

That’s it for now, folks. Hope you have a great weekend, that you don’t get sick eating too much candy, and sending you a big, cheerful SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: