Thursday, October 3, 2013

READY? AIM! AND SUCK 'EM UP!!

While running some errands yesterday I met a friend who reads my blog, and she warned me that the little beasties invading my house, which I thought were ladybugs, were more likely to be Asian Beetles. She mentioned the difference between the two types of insects, and suggested that I get additional information from the internet. I did, and she is right, so out will come the vacuum cleaner this afternoon for cleanup. According to the sources, one should wait until the warm sun coaxes them from hiding. Helen, the indomitable Mrs. Clean, is ecstatic; I’ve been against her doing this ever since the bugs showed up. Now she is armed and ready!

Update on the kitten? I visited the vet while in town, told her about my fear, and purchased the proper milk and a miniscule feeding bottle just in case it would be needed....like in the middle of the night when her office is closed. She explained that if the runt is still alive it is because Momma Dora is caring for it, which is the best thing for the baby. However, if I see that Dora tries to move it again, then I should intercede. I went down a few times during the evening, and again this morning, and all seems well, although both kittens were on the floor beside their box this time. I put them back in and they cuddled up. I did note that the bigger one makes no sound, while the runt mewled once when I set it down beside its sibling. Because Dora comes to meet me when she hears me on the stairs, I haven’t yet had the chance to actually see her feeding them, so have no idea whether they are each getting the appropriate share or not. I shall be extra vigilant from now on.

My youngest son contacted me yesterday, wondering if I could keep the Rug rats on Saturday morning. He is to continue his flying lessons, and the boys want to come here. For all my previous determination that I would NEVER again babysit, I miss my little guys, and it is only until noon, so I hardly hesitated before I agreed. It will be the first time since their move that I will see them without one parent or the other being present. Hmmm – lots of chocolate treats, maybe - energy builder for the afternoon, which they will spend at home. Nah – I couldn’t be that mean (snicker).

Our country road is a canopy of breathtaking colors, the various shades of red and orange and gold with evergreens as contrast. It’s difficult to focus on driving with such scenery. Glorious is Mother Nature, and as we gaze at her special gift, I’m sure I’m not the only one SMILING!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: