Tuesday, November 27, 2012

THE FIRST STEP

My son called this morning. He and his lady were taking the rug rats to the ‘Musée des Enfants’, a museum especially for children, then he wondered if he could stop by on the way back home to pick up Kiti, their cat; they have a mice problem.

Our very short conversation was stilted, to say the least. I was already shaking my head as I hung up the phone. My family is very close; I don’t want to lose that, no matter what. There was some more thinking to do. I was looking forward to seeing the boys, and my son, but am not quite ready to face his lady yet. I’m not sure I could keep my thoughts to myself, and none of them are conductive to future reconciliation.

In step the siblings. There was a conversation between the brothers, and I suspect that a warning was issued. Go see Mom alone – you need to talk this out. A text came in around noon, with a picture of my youngest rug rat playing in the museum, and a note that the boys were having a great time. Daddy added that he would only see me tomorrow, and was planning on spending the day here, if that was okay. She’ll be sleeping after her midnight shift. Relief...and of course it is okay!

I know his lady asked him to send the next text. Would I please feed the bird (who was also left behind) before it croaked?

“Done”, I replied. “Both the bird and the cat, everyday. I also have the Galaxy station on the Nature channel, so the bird can hear other birds. He likes it, is answering the calls.” I signed it with my usual signature ...he answered in kind.

It was a huge SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: