Sunday, November 18, 2012

CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, ANYONE?

I’m not sure I should mention this – the last time someone wrote about it, it became a sort of epidemic on Blogit.

Ah – I’ll take the chance. Water problems...again.

I had finished vacuuming all the rooms; the pail was beside the sink waiting to be filled, then my wounded foot gave me an excuse to take a break – have a coffee before wielding the mop. My grandson appeared on the stairs leading up from his apartment.

“Mémère, there’s water running between the walls in my bathroom.”

What??!

Sure enough, upon verification, there is a pipe leaking in there...for how long now, I have no idea. The wall is showing some damage. Fred’s little girlfriend had not noticed it during his absence. One can’t help but notice it now!

I called the friend who repairs such things on a weekend. Two hours later, when he was able to come around, it was too late to rent the tools needed. So water is turned off until today, Sunday, when he has promised to return with the necessary material and take care of the problem. I’ll call Mommy to warn her that maybe she should bring the boys back after it is fixed. Having 3 little rug rats and no water is NOT an ideal situation.

Fortunately I had already showered, so had no hesitation in getting dressed and heading out for the planned visit with Cubans. The meal, their special espresso, the laughter was all good, and the dim lighting when I arrived home helped me to ignore the still unwashed floors. Anyway – they’re not going anywhere – and my foot was swollen again, so.....

But this morning.... wouldn’t you know it? My large container on the water cooler is empty. Fortunately the doggies’ pails are full, but my coffee maker is only good for another cup.

There is, however, a form of liquid in that nice bottle of red wine my hostess handed me as I was leaving her house last night. I also have some good cheese, huge red grapes, and a couple of croissants left in the breadbox. Is it ever too early for a continental breakfast?

Well, well. You know how I believe in everything happening for a reason? There we go!

Drink up me hearties, Yo Ho...Now if Johnny Depp could join me, he would find me SMILING!!

Sending it out to y’all. Cheers!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

Mike's Common Sense said...

Hi adnohr! I was playing around on this site and found you again. So glad to see you are writing again. Hope you are well, I'll be back to read more. Much love to you. Mike