Sunday, October 25, 2009

WHAT COMES IN THREE'S?

I’m forever telling the employees to be VERY careful when drinking coffee or other liquids at their desks...keep it away from the computers. Well, guess what I did last night? Yep. Put a cup full of nice, hot coffee in the wrong place, knocked it over and, although my keyboard was safe on its slide out drawer under the desk, the liquid doused the bottom part of my screen…. where all the little adjustment buttons are placed. I don’t just knock things over – they seem to jump up and away!! The result is that I have a large, red, immovable “brightness” rectangle right in the centre of my screen, blocking anything behind it, and no amount of button pushing or clicking will make it disappear. GRRRR! Does this mean a repair bill, or a new screen? Whichever, I guess it will be added to the costs of fixing the truck and the broken window….an expensive week to say the least.

I’m not sure what is going on lately – the stars are badly aligned? It just seems that work is more and more hectic. I got home very late every night last week, and was still having a hard time keeping up. I can’t believe that it’s all due to me slowing down. It’s more a combination of things, I guess. I stopped the anti-inflammation medication completely after being awakened by choking. It scared me mightily, I tell you. Usually one comes out of sleep with the sensation of nausea. Not this time. I was already up-chucking while still sleeping, and woke wondering what in hell was happening to me! Anyway, a nurse told me that this medication is dangerous for stomach hemorrhage, so there’s the end of it. I’m still doing the vitamins though, all natural products, and am pretty sure they play a huge part in me making it through the days right now.

5 hours later…………
Yep – it was a new screen. While writing the above, it turned completely black. I was writing in the dark. Off to the store I went, and the result is a larger screen – not a bad thing. I’ll hand the damaged one over to my puter-doc. If he can fix it, we can use it at the office.

I needed to stop in and see Suzie’s sister on the way back home, quickly shopped for a few groceries, then picked up my niece and her daughter; they were coming out to have supper with me. Heinz was working on the backhoe all day, and had arrived before us, so put on fires and cooked the roast afterwards – a nice treat. He is an excellent cook, and we enjoyed good conversation and a tasty meal. A fitting way to end a Sunday, don’t you think? I drove the visitors back home, Heinz went down to his own place, and now I’m relaxing with the doggies while the water runs into the jacuzzi, filling the house with the scent of Tamanu. Already it is 10:30 PM – another day just went racing by.

It has been an action filled week, and I have lots to tell you, but will break it into small stories and post it here during the next few days. Now is the time to hit the sack if I want to function tomorrow.

Sweet dreams, y’all!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Stars are always well aligned, it is the accumulated fatigue that sometimes makes it difficult to give a peak performance and make you do booboos. You arouse my curiosity by not saying everything on one blog...I'm anxious to read the rest of the story. Bet it's interesting. How come no one else comments your blog. Kilroy....xxx...