Saturday, October 3, 2009

SATURDAY - OFF OR NOT?

Ahh...I’m a new woman! I do like my own hairdresser, but she is so far away from the city it was a hassle to keep my appointments. Line, my co-worker, had used the one downstairs from our office and, although the lady’s social graces leave a little to be desired, her work is fine. I decided to try her out, and yesterday slipped away for an hour to let her do her stuff. I have hardly any fashion sense at all, therefore usually depend on the eye and knowledgeof those with experience in the field. Hair should be darker for the autumn, she told me. So now I’m back to being a brunette (my original colour) instead of a redhead, and the hair is slightly shorter. I have had no comments other than “you’ve changed your hair?” from Yoshiko, but I think I like it. It always takes me a couple of days to absorb the change.

My puter doc will be repairing my own machine next week. This laptop is limited in its functions, and takes too much space on my home office desk. I’m looking forward to getting my own computer up and running again (damned Explorer 8!!!). There are stories and articles saved in there - my plans to stay home and make money with my writing – which I am unable to access and which still need alot of work before any attempt at publishing. Things are put on hold again. Ah well, everything happens for a reason. It must not be the right time for revision, or I will be needed for an extra year or two in the business, or I am going to win the loto and buy a small helicopter to overcome the drudgery of traffic...... Ya see? An imagination like mine should be used to good advantage, LOL!

I was planning on going into the office today to catch up on some work, but I can’t seem to get my mind in the proper set for it. It’s dreary, foggy weather out there...perfect for curling up with a good book (I’m reading “Roots” again) and doing the escape thing. Will I go? I know that once I start the work, I’ll get into it and time will fly past. I’ll end up feeling as if I’ve accomplished something, instead of the guilt for having spent all that time only reading. Maybe I’ll find a coin and flip “heads or tails”. Let Lady Luck make the decision. If I win, and get to stay home, I’ll flip again to determine if I do some badly needed housework, or let everything slide and dive into the book. An interesting way to cop out, don’t ya think? To be continued...

However you people are spending your day, I hope you’re enjoying it. If it helps any, I send you all a big SMILE. It’s difficult to stay bored or angry when we’re smiling, so let yours shine!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

I can only guess that you have enhenced your personality as a brunette. Good for you.
I'm I right in stating that Alex Haley is the author of "ROOTS" , the history of slavery in the deep south. The author goes to Africa to trace his ancestry. As I recall, I loved the story. Smart that you stayed home, because the trafic was hell all over to-day.