Friday, October 2, 2009

SHORT & SLEEPY....

I arrived home too late,then was too tired, to watch the season’s first Canadian-Leaf hockey game last night. It had been a long day – I was in the office from 6 AM, and by 21:30, I was practically sleep-walking. I wonder when I’ll learn that I just can’t handle those long hours anymore? Anyway, “vive le net” – because I checked out the write-up on the computer this morning and was happy to learn that the Habs won in overtime. I imagine that my son,Bow, is smiling ear to ear. I wonder if he called his Uncle Bird, who is a big Leaf fan? Each winter they banter back and forth and, with both of them being quick on the tongue, some of their remarks are hilarious!

Even at the late hour, the traffic on the 15 was still heavy last night. The good thing is that it kept me awake – you have to really pay attention. You can be rolling along, jiving to your music, then,bang! Brake lights in front! ARRG! Most of the time I am very patient, but it now seems the drive back and forth to the city is more difficult. It should only take an hour, but more often than not it lasts from 1 ½ to 2 ½ every day.... each way. To avoid it you leave the house before 5:30 AM, and sometimes that isn’t even early enough; the end of evening rush hour is anybody’s guess. It’s never the same time from day to day. Still, not much use beefing about something you can do nothing about, right?

The fires were lit in both the boxstove and the fireplace when I arrived home, so I was able to relax with a glass of wine, the doggies curled up on their over-stuffed cushions at my feet, the only sound the crackling of the wood...and Bud’s snores, LOL. Heinz came upstairs for a few minutes to see if the fires were going okay, then went back down to watch his TV. He’ll be doing his whole course nearby instead of Quebec City as planned, so will be around to help with the wood, the snow, etc.. That’s not a bad thing, especially when you drag your tired butt home and the house is warm already. It was much appreciated.

I’m still in slow mode this morning, and now need to prepare for another jaunt on the highway, so will wish you all a good day. There’s a big, sleepy SMILE going out with those wishes...hope you pass it on!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

i like this blog...Tu exposes bien ton état d'âme. How come you are not asleep at3:49 AM?
I don't look at hockey anymore, too violent. Glad to hear that Heinz is spoiling you a little. Why not? You deserve to be spoiled. Your doggies are at your feet. your best friends, as I can see, faithful and loving...Kilroy...xxx. U hav a good day