Thursday, October 15, 2009

ALL ABOUT NOTHING

This whole month feels like tax-time. I seem to be running when I hit the floor in the morning, my brain still pedaling when I finally get to bed at night. It’s a never ending game of ‘catching-up’. Granted, winter is busier on the home front. There’s wood to bring in, ashes to take out, more cleaning with the doggies tracking in muck, etc., etc. One also has to consider the hours lost by sitting in traffic on the journey back & forth to the office. Then again, there are the three new companies, which means more employees, which, in turn, brings more action. Mind you, I’m not complaining. We see enough people each day desperate for a job, and I realize how lucky I am to be working. Probably much of it has to do with age. I used to be able to handle full days, then go out and dance my tail off in the evening. Not anymore. My idea of a good time now is sitting by the fire, glass of wine in hand, doggies at my feet – or stretching out in the Jacuzzi. .LOL! My mom would never have believed it!

The Dunany Demons sprinkled a few snowflakes last night on the drive home. It reminded me that it is time for snow-tires. I usually have them installed by October 15th each year. No-one living in my area would try getting through the winter with four-season tires, and that BEFORE the new law made the change an obligation! I hear my friend, Kilroy, is still roaming around on his bicycle. How do you winterize that mode of transportation? LOL.

My son, Jo, is back from hunting empty-handed. His lady, May, is at home on maternity leave now. Bow will be leaving for Florida in a couple of weeks for a golf holiday. Yoshiko is saving her vacation time for her next visit to Japan, so won’t be going with him. And my daughter, Shan, will be heading down to Mexico with some friends in early December. She turns 40 this year, and both her and her best friend, who is the same age, are planning to celebrate their big 4-0’s in the sun together.

I’m going to post this just to let you know we’re still all alive. Other than that, I would scrap it, because reading it over, I find it extremely boring! I had nothing to say, and said that quite well, didn’t I? LOL.

On the road again…off to the city. Take care, everyone – practice your SMILES, and enjoy the frisky weather!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Koolcat...This blog is one of your best. Simple subject well laid down. Easy reading. Always nice to follow the family activities.
Three new companies will call for more office space...NO?. Seems like everybody goes on vacation, when is it your turn? Enjoy yourself while you'r stll in the pink....the years go by....Kilroy. xxx