Monday, October 19, 2009

BELATED THANKSGIVING

My son, Jo, was away hunting last weekend, so we celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday. We gathered in my daughter’s new home around turkey and stuffing and all the traditional trimmings for the season, and the usual teasing and laughter made the day. My oldest, Bow, picked up Uncle Bird, who managed to eat and banter with the rest of us. Jo and May’s little lads, the youngest of the group, endured multiple kisses and hugs until they finally left around 6 P.M. Those kinds of days are precious. We all take time out of our busy lives to remind each other of what is important - a strong, healthy and happy family unit.

Yoshiko mentioned that her ‘old’ bachelor brother is getting married in January, so she & Bow are planning to attend, of course. I’m thinking maybe I’ll go too, if there is any way I can swing it. The wedding is taking place in Taiwan. The problem is that we’ll be in full tax season, a busy, busy time for the office, and I’m not sure that both of us can be absent at the same time. This is going to take some strategic planning!

On Saturday, after shopping for the turkey, I joined Rey & Susie and their boys in their home in Ste-Sophie. We went for supper in a restaurant in Pointe-Claire (where we waited over an hour for a table in spite of reservations!!), then on to the airport to greet Rey’s mom who was arriving from Cuba at midnight. The last time I saw her was in 2001, and she hasn’t changed one iota!! What a beautiful lady she is! She’ll be in Canada until mi-January. We all piled into Rey’s 7-passenger vehicle, and arrived at Ste-Sophie around 2:30 A.M. It was dark when I picked up my truck to drive home, and the damage to the front end was only noticed the next day. OUCH! Someone obviously backed into it (Rey’s driveway shares a small bar parking lot), and there is a huge hole in the front fender. Fortunately, I have a Honda garage as a client, but it still is going to cost a couple of thousand to get that repaired. To add insult to injury, Heinz was staining my large French thermal windows, and a gust of wind sent one of them crashing onto the gallery. It shattered – and, due to the weather, will need to be repaired immediately; at least a $250 job. Damn! Any more weekends like this one and I’ll have to get a second job, LOL!

Shyanne, my little grandniece, turned 11 yesterday. I was unable to see her then, but will stop by Julie’s tonight. The poor little thing is living through her parent’s difficult separation at the moment, which is never easy for a child.

It’s now time to do the rush-hour run to the office. We have a big week ahead, and my energy level is not at its highest right now. I’m back on the medication for my sore legs, and it gives me constant nausea. Ugh! My doc should be arriving the second week of November. Hopefully we’ll be able to figure out what is wrong. I’m really not good with pain.

Have a great sunshiny day, folks! It’s frisky out there, but refreshing if you dress warm. Sending you all a SMILE!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

I can guess that at the time you posted this blog you did not get much sleep last night. Wether or not you go to Japan is a tough decision to make. Tough about your car. Carosserie Cartierville did a good job on my car. They helped me save the deductable, and the insurance paid for the car rental for the time my car was being repaired. Honda pieces are expensive while you can get them cheaper from a jobber. Up to you. Kilroy