Thursday, July 23, 2009

QUEBEC CITY FOR WORK

We were in Quebec City yesterday, or rather, Vanier, a nice little town on the outskirts of our province’s capital. It’s a pretty place, and the drive up displayed beautiful scenery, in spite of the road construction crews everywhere. Heinz should be leaving in October to live there for a few months while completing his Heavy Machinery Operator course. It will give him a leg up on a well paying job. I will, however, now have to arrange for someone to come and clean the driveway when it starts to snow. I can drive the backhoe, but am not too crazy about skidding down the icy hill. A recipe for disaster. Besides, I wouldn’t have the time. In this area you have to contact the snowploughs early enough, or you’ll be left until the last to be cleaned – and four wheel drive alone just doesn’t do it. I don’t mind being snowbound some days, but it wouldn’t be good for business if it happens too often.

Shan should have confirmation on her house deal by tomorrow. If it all works out, I’m planning on taking a week vacation in August to help her pack, and to do some badly needed cleaning of my own place. I still have a lot of Mom’s stuff down in the basement and in various closets here. I wasn’t ready to choose and discard, but it’s time to do it now. Not that there’s anything of value, mostly just things she collected over the years. She was a bit of a packrat. Maybe someone else can use it.

That’s all I have time for now, folks. Off to work I go – I’m sure my desk is loaded with paper because I didn’t get to the office at all yesterday, although I was in constant touch by phone. Today will be catch-up.

Have a good one – don’t forget those precious SMILES!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

don't worry about the snow at this moment. You'll think of something when the time comes, I'm sure. 4:54 AM, you get up early to write. Who is going to Vanier if you open a branch there?. Finding qualified people in Quebec is difficult. specially sales minded people. See you later aligator after 08/07 Kilroy xxxx