Tuesday, July 21, 2009

AND THE WEATHER IS HOLDING....

Finally – two nice days in a row! I’m sure those presently on vacation, which only comes around ONCE a year for most folks, are enjoying the sun.

I’m waiting on Shan’s okay to pack. We will know by Friday if the sale of her house has definitely gone through. If so, her offer for a smaller place has already been accepted by the other owners, and we’ll get to collecting boxes and filling them up with everything one seems to collect during the years. Moving…it’s a lot of work, but also fun if you look at it as a change for the better.

I have promised myself that I will write at least once a day – even if only for 15 minutes. One of the authors in my writing Blog has told me that you need to force yourself for 10 hours per week, for 10 years. Apparently it becomes like melting butter after that period. Hmmm…10 years? That will make me…..ah, never mind how old! Only Heaven knows what kind of stuff I’ll be spouting off by then, LOL!

Bow has put the pictures of the Birthday party up on Facebook – there are some really nice ones, then also the ones where my boys pull their monkey faces. Dawna sent me a couple of good ones too…one destined especially to Karen. Fortunately it was taken before we opened the 8th bottle of red wine, LOL!

Wicked Wendy has started her own Blog. I read it yesterday, and we seem to have another aspiring writer in the family. Kool!

Even with most places being closed, or nearly so, for the vacation period, we managed to find jobs for 2 people yesterday. It’s a great feeling when you can call someone to offer them a position. It cheers our gang at the office as much as it does the candidate on the receiving end.

That’s it for now, folks. I’m off to face the traffic which, surprisingly, has not seemed to lessen all that much in spite of so many people not working. It still took me over an hour to get home last night. Bah! Humbug!

Have a good day, y’all. The sun has put your SMILES on, I’m sure. Maybe if we smile at it nicely it will stick around for awhile!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

4;37 AM, that's early. Are you getting up or are you going to bed. Koolcat, I intend to live until i'm 100 years old...so, don't leave me behind...I expect you to make it too. Where is your dau. moving?. Can I read your friend's blog? Don't give it to me if she is somewhat reluctant. I gave up Facebook. No use for it. Can you tranfer some pictures by Email? Kilroy xxx