Saturday, April 19, 2014

MIND OVER MATTER

I’m wondering if I am just impatient...or is Smooch’s illness really taking too long to heal? I hate giving him such strong doses of cortisone and antibiotics for this length of time. It can’t help but play havoc with his immune system, which is already not strong. This week’s blood test showed only a one point increase; the Vet says normal is 35, and it is now at 30. Bad enough that it costing from $100 to $200 per week for the medication, the visits, the blood tests, but the poor doggie is still moping around, showing hardly any signs of energy at all. I’ve been looking at natural products to feed him, and am wondering why vets don’t suggest more of these? It could have nothing to do with the cold, hard cash.....?

Don’t mind my ranting this morning. It has been a turbulent week with problems at work, the constant running so that the doggies won’t be alone too long, making sure they get some exercise, getting back and forth to the vet (which I wouldn’t mind if I could see improvement), the normal housework, once again bills piling up, and very little sleep...Arrrgh!

On the up side – it’s to be a beautiful weekend weather-wise, Early as it is, the sun is shining, the birds are calling, there have been geese flying over for the past few days, and grass is beginning to peep through the snow here and there. My Habs have their first 2 games in their pocket, and Sam’s Wings beat the big, bad Bruins last night too. There was some dancing going on in this house, and some Yippee-ki-yay’s, LOL!

I have 3 days away from the office, but at least 5 days of work to do here at home for a couple of former clients. Something always shows up to help out, and I know that from experience, but I needed to vent the negative stuff out of my system. It’s done now – I’ll get to it and use some positive action instead of griping. A little Latin music on the radio, a shower, a short walk with the doggies before diving into mounds of paper that will help pay the bills...and you see? I’m already SMILING....

Sending them out to you, all wrapped up with best wishes for your Easter weekend!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: