Monday, April 7, 2014

AUTHORIZED HOOKY

I’m at home. Morpheus made himself scarce last night, showing up only at 4:30 AM, one whole hour before the alarm would go off to give Smooch his medication. Helen and her son had departed in the late afternoon, so I was alone with the beasties. Dogs are very sensitive to change, and I don’t know if it was the unusual silence in the house that kept Smooch wandering in and out of my room, or if it was pain. I certainly hope it was the former; he didn’t seem to be suffering, just restless. Whatever it was, it kept us all awake (doggies and kitty and me). Fortunately I have plenty of banked hours, and my boss texted back her ‘ok’ quite readily, in spite of it being only 6:30 AM when I let her know I would be using some of them today.

And because I am now able to go back to bed with a clear conscience....and it’s where I should be instead of wandering dozily from window to window... I don’t feel like it. Contrary is me. The beautiful day outside is a deterrent; that and the files of the couple of clients kept over from my former business and which need to be addressed. Although I was planning on taking some time off any way to get them done, the nocturnal activity of my youngest doggie means I’ll be pushing numbers around in a sleep-deprived brain. Not ideal, but I’ll give it a go.

And you know what? I kind of enjoyed doing the dishes last night, something I have hardly touched since Helen moved in. Ha! I have no doubt that novelty will wear off very soon.

Well, I’ll see what I can get done, and some snoozing if work is too boring. Wishing you all a great day, folks – hoping the SMILES I am sending along make it just a bit better!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: