Friday, April 5, 2013

D-DAY

We had a couple of inches of snow last night and it’s still falling. I’ve heard more than one car spinning to get up the hill, and wonder why people in this area do not realize that snow tires MUST stay on until the end of April. It happens every year, usually immediately after the Municipality puts the snow removal equipment in storage, LOL. I love it – one look outside, everything under a clean, white blanket – the scene is beautiful.

And – the day has arrived. My daughter will be here at 3 AM to take me to the airport, where I will meet my son and DIL, and his friends, the couple who are coming with us...and bringing their 5 year old, very energetic, son. I’m wondering how the lad is going to handle the 16 hour flight. Maybe I should have invested in that parachute after all. Or even more than one. I could get him going, then sell them to other passengers and make a dollar on vacation.

My suitcase was nowhere to be found when I finally decided to start the packing procedure. I’ve lent it out often, and wasn’t sure who had forgotten to return it. Ah – it was my youngest boy, the daddy of my Rug rats. A couple of texts later and it was arranged that I pick it up at a garage in the village. He would leave it there yesterday on his way to work (do you think he’s not allowed to come here anymore?). It’s still downstairs in my truck at the moment, but I’ll haul it up and get to it after I complete this post. I was too tired when Helen and I arrived after picking up my passport and some last minute shopping. Well, the hockey game was starting also, so everything went on hold, of course.

Speaking of hockey, my daughter informed me gleefully that she has obtained a lodge in the Bell Center for the Habs vs Boston game on Saturday night. It’s a surprise birthday gift for her BF, but there was lots of room for me too if I had not been thousands of feet in the air at that time. ARRGH!!! No, I didn’t think of cancelling my ticket. Well, the thought kind of crossed my mind but one must exercise control....even if we’ll be missing FIVE games, unless we can manage to stream it over the Internet. My Japanese DIL informs me that, unlike baseball, hockey is not a big thing in her native country. Sad but true.

I guess I’d better get cracking. There are still a few things to complete on the business front, and the suitcase, and the last minute instructions for Helen and the doggies. I made a list, but have to find it before I can start marking things off. Sigh.

Take care, y’all, while I’m gone. I’ll let you know how things went...if I make it back. Sending you all huge, warm SMILES to remember me by... in case I don’t.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: