Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SNOW AND HOCKEY AND INSPECTIONS

Ha-ha!! My friend Kilroy, in an attempt to find something to keep him busy other than playing his favourite game of Bridge, sent me an email asking me to speak to my demons – he would appreciate a little snowfall. Well, I obliged, but the Dunany Demons did the usual and went overboard. Here in the bush I have at least 8 inches that have fallen just since last night, and it’s still coming down. Put that together with the 7 inches from a couple of days ago (which I did not yet get around to shovelling) and there is OODLES of snow. I hope Kilroy reaps the benefits! He lives in the city, and I’m not sure they received the same amount, but I suspect there is enough to keep him from the cards, LOL!!

I have a government rep coming tomorrow to inspect one of my client’s books. He has no office per se, and all his accounting is kept at my house, so I agreed to her visit when she called. I did warn her about the roads in the bush, and about my doggies; not everyone is at ease with pit-bulls. She informed me there is no problem. However, I forgot to ask her if her vehicle is a 4 wheel drive. If not, she’ll be walking up my hill, and it’s quite steep. Her experience while doing this verification will depend on her attitude. I have no patience with hoighty-toighty civil servants. Any arrogance will lead to her being left alone in the dining room to work...with the company of Smooch...unleashed. He’s not wicked, but he is huge and boisterous and he can be a pain in the butt with strangers. I may also bring Dora upstairs and let her run around. She will jump on the table...and Smooch will be close behind the kitty...and any papers risk being disturbed.... and I will apologize, of course. That’s my evil thought for the day.

And how about those HABS, huh?? They are playing so well this year – I have been dancing ecstatically for the past 5 games – 5 wins in a row, and now 1st place in our Division!!! Unfortunately for Nautikos, his Leafs didn’t do so well last night......nor did Sam’s Wings, but I was at least cheering for the Wings. ;)

It’s already noon – and I haven’t finished scheduled business tasks, and need to do some house cleaning, and some shovelling, so off I go to get it done. Hopefully the power will stay on; our mayor complained in an official letter to the higher ups about the constant outages, and it seems to have borne fruit.

Leaving you with a HUGE smile, folks!! Hope you enjoy its arrival as much as I enjoy sending it out!

Luv from the VERY WHITE Bush in Quebec

No comments: