Sunday, February 24, 2013

ON THIS SUNDAY...

Everything went well with the tax lady. She managed to drive up my hill, and was smart enough not to come up on the gallery where both dogs pranced, barking a warning that a stranger was in the yard. (You wouldn’t believe how many people DO stupidly come up as far as the barrier, which makes the dogs go ballistic!). She was somewhat corpulent, so even the trek in the stairs from the garage influenced her breathing. Reassuring me that she was not afraid of my beasties, she added that she was, however, allergic to animals – but for me not to worry; she had her pumps with her. I suspected immediately that this would be a very short visit; Smooch’s fur is hell for anyone with allergies. I had prepared the files that would interest her, she went through them very quickly, offered some suggestions, and by noon she was gone. I called my client to inform him that all was A-OK; needless to say he was quite happy with the news.

It was another snow-filled day yesterday. I started housecleaning very early, hoping that the power would stay on. It did, and I got enough done that I was glowing with self-satisfaction by the time my hockey game started (how about them HABS, huh?!!).

I had predicted that this week would be my ‘sleep period’, and I was right. It should last another couple of days before insomnia shows up again. In the meantime, I’m rested up and energy-fueled. This morning I chopped and stirred and now the pungent scent of moose spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove is permeating the kitchen. It will soon be accompanied with that mouth-watering smell of baking bread. I can’t wait to try out the bread-making machine received from a friend. My daughter and her SO, both who have just come back from Dominican Republic, with my hockey/soccer player grandson, and my oldest lad and his Japanese wife, Yoshiko, will be test subjects for the feast. There’ll be hot Apple Crisp with ice cream for dessert of course – it’s my daughter’s favorite and I try to make it whenever she comes for a meal.

After supper will be the walk with the doggies. We’ll meander down the snow filled lane, absorbing the special, peaceful silence of our beloved bush, then come back in for a warm Jacuzzi, another chapter of a good book, and Morpheus will find me waiting for him, snuggled under fluffy blankets, and wearing a huge, thankful SMILE.

For sure I’m sharing it with y’all!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: