Sunday, February 17, 2013

ALL ABOUT NOTHING.

It was beautiful winter weather yesterday; the sun was bright, not a cloud in the blue sky, and our inches of snow from the day before lent a wonderland magic to the trees and my mountain. I had some errands to run in the village, but took the doggies out to play for an hour when I arrived home. Well, it was supposed to be an hour – there was work to be done inside – but it was just so nice that the hour slipped by, and became two...then three....and all of a sudden it was supper time, and hockey, so not much else got done. That means more to do today – but I’m in the insomnia wave (a regular occurrence), and the Weather Network predicts sun again, so there’s no promises.

When I don’t sleep enough, I often end up snoozing during the day, whether I want to or not. I know from experience that those naps don’t influence my ability to get normal rest at night. If I force myself to stay awake I just get overtired and grouchy, and still end up with only 3 or 4 hours in the arms of that slacker, Morpheus! It has been 5 days in a row now, and my lifetime routine dictates that the coming week should be good – it’s an on again, off again thing, and we learn to adapt, no matter how frustrating it can be.

Since 4 AM I’ve been admiring all the pictures from my friend’s tour in India. She loves to travel, and shares it with us on Facebook. Now it is 7 AM, the doggies are still quiet, so I think I’ll head back to bed and try to pin Morpheus down for a bit longer. Writing about snoozing has made me sleepy. Hmmm – maybe I’ve found the cure!

Wishing you all a good day... or night if you’re in that part of the world...and sending you out a huge, warm SMILE to help it along!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: