Monday, January 14, 2013

THE TRUTH IS....

My son did show up here the next day around noon, but without the Rug rats. He hadn’t been idly letting things go, hoping that time would erase the problem between us, but had been doing his own investigation. Although we (mother and siblings) were not aware of it, his suspicions were on par with our own. Unfortunately, our deductions were well founded.

As Ciel commented, each of us is here to learn. Hopefully the lesson for my son’s lady will stay with her forever; you do not put down a friend, especially when you have so few of them, to save your own butt.

My children know me well; the lady didn’t realize that her sudden distaste towards me put them on high alert. Why was she so anxious to get rid of me? I was certain that I knew the reason, but wasn’t going to say anything to my son that would hurt him. In the end, I made the right decision. He found out on his own, and things are okay with the two of us again. He went so far as to tell me that he had his doubts all along but, because he didn’t want to believe it of his lady either, he waited for proof.

He has gone back to work, but for one month only instead of the two formerly planned. He has some soul searching to do and, ideally, his lady is doing the same during his absence. Relationships have survived this type of event, but both parties need to want it, and be ready to put the work into it. Only time will tell.

I’ll wait a couple of days before contacting my oldest Rug rat on Facetime. I imagine the children are feeling the tense situation all over again, poor little tykes, and it was this that my son was trying so hard to avoid.

Yes, it is sad, but I am no saint. If bad feelings have to be going around, I don’t want them to be between myself and my children. She did the crime, so she can do the time.

Mother and son are back, and that alone makes me SMILE.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec

No comments: