Saturday, January 12, 2013

SOONER...THAN LATER

I saw it on Facebook.

“TKO” wrote my son, the daddy to my Rug rats. Someone asked him what it meant.

“A boxing term,” he answered. “When a boxer gets knocked down so often that even if he gets back up the other is declared the winner.” Another person asked him WHO was TKO?

“Me.” was the short answer...and that was all.

The mother-worry kicked in. I doubted he wanted to talk to me, so I sent his older brother a message. After a few texts and some conversation, all we could learn was that he hasn’t slept for 2 nights; he’s exhausted with whatever BS is going on; he was at a friend’s place (where his lady doesn’t go); he is the one with the boys right now, he didn’t want to talk about it, and he put off seeing his elder sibling until tomorrow at the airport (???) from where he is leaving for another 2 months.

Mother-worry morphed to mother-frustration, and I abruptly sent my own message. Was I going to see him before he left? Yes – tomorrow, not too late, he replied. Good. We’ll hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I suspect his lady is the cause. Although I fully expected there be eventual problems; I AM surprised that it happened so quickly. There is no ‘I told you so’ gloating to be done. I don’t need that kind of vindication. No matter what part he played in our disagreement, I only want him to be happy. When my kids hurt, I hurt.

In spite of this, I know he’ll be showing up with the Rugrats for his visit. I haven’t seen them for over two weeks, except for Facetime videos with the oldest boy. They’ll be here, all 3 little energetic bodies, with giggles and cuddles and sticky kisses.

Chock-full of gleeful anticipation, Memère will be SMILING in her sleep tonight.

Sharing it with you folks!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

A note for Blogit readers: I took your advice and did create another Blog, it’s called Stories from the Bush in Quebec, and I will post the “Letters to a Wayward Brother” entries there. This way I can keep my real ‘mischief’ apart from the imaginary stuff. 

No comments: