Wednesday, June 2, 2010

STILL WAITING ON BABY

In spite of the drive to work taking at least 2 hours yesterday, the rain was welcome. The lane here is not paved and, because of it being so dry, the dust was continually floating into the house and settling everywhere. I’m not an avid house-cleaner at the best of times; lately there was no choice but to do daily swiping with a wet rag. I was pleased to note that it wasn’t necessary last night. Even more important was to hear on the news that the deluge helped control the forest fires still burning north of us. The Weather Network is predicting more this afternoon and for the next two days, which will certainly improve the situation. I say, bring it on!

To wind down from an afternoon of arguing with a clerk from our greedy government’s offices, I decided, even though it was already 8 PM when I got home, to cook up a pot of soup. Food for the soul. I find cooking a relaxing occupation, and soup is something I really enjoy creating. The many windows in my kitchen were wide open, music was playing, and three doggies were lying out of the way on their cushions, avidly watching my every move. No, I haven’t acquired a new hound. The third one was Lucas, the husky-wolf female who belongs to my neighbor, but who feels at home in my house. She is such a pretty animal, and very graceful and feminine compared to my two pits – the typical ‘out-of-my-way-coming-through’ males.

We are still waiting on that baby to make his/her appearance. Littlest brother, Bali, will be 3 on June 7th. Maybe baby wants to share a birthday? Bad idea. Because of the expense, you usually end up with a smaller gift, LOL.

I don’t have a lot to say this morning, and that’s probably a good thing. I’m going to finish my coffee then hop into the shower and prepare to make the trek into the city again. Man – vacation is going to be SOOO nice!!

Here’s wishing you a good day, folks. Keep wearing those SMILES!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

2 comments:

polichon said...

You gave me an idea. Next time we visit, make a bowl of souo for dinner. I like ministrone consistant and thick...Is that in your field?
Vacation will be so gooood, when is that going to be????. I think I was able to read between the lines : " An extension by the government". That's good news. What characters you deal with.??
Asta la vista. Kilroy

Adnohr said...

Toi - je te ferai le choux bourré, et on mangera au bureau. Un deal?