Friday, May 24, 2013

ESSENCE OF WHAT?

I’ve always loved being crooned to sleep by the sound of rain falling on my tin roof. For some reason the bed feels more comfy, the blankets warmer, and the pillow softer; I’m wrapped up in a cocoon, protected from the elements, safe and sound. It has been happening nearly every night for the past week or so. This is what we used to call April weather, only it’s a month late.

I’m not so crazy about it during the day. The doggies come inside with their feet full of mud, and smelling like dogs do when they’re wet. UGH! I’m used to it by now, of course. That doesn’t mean I like it any better. They are confined to one room until they are dry, but that smell seems to escape and wind itself throughout the house. I don’t care for perfumed sprays. I find they just add another unpleasant odor, and they make doggies and mistress sneeze. I usually have candles and/or incense burning on these occasions. It helps, but I long ago resigned myself to what one could call ‘The Essence of Spring’ around here; wet dog and bug spray.

The joys of living in the bush and owning pets; I wouldn’t want to change it!

Hopefully I’ll have time to edit another chapter of my ‘Wayward Brother’ story and get it posted today. I was reminded last night by a friend how I keep starting stories, but don’t do the endings. Oops. She was right. Sometimes a little shove is all it takes.

In the meantime, sending out those SMILES to y’all, folks. Hope the ‘Essence of Spring’ is not attached to any of them.....

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: