Wednesday, December 8, 2010

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE HABS


The HABS did it again last night! The game had just ended and my telephone rang. Ah-ha! Somebody who had good timing!!

It was Karen, my friend whose house we invaded in Saskatoon a couple of weeks ago. She was laughing when I answered. She figured she would be interrupting the little victory dance the doggies and I do on such occasions, LOL. We chatted long enough – and maybe that’s what caused me to sleep in this morning? No harm done. After listening to the traffic report, I decided to work from home anyway. Yesterday, although I had tried to avoid it, the trip was necessary; 2 ½ hours to get in, then the same to come home. I just wasn’t up to it today – enough is enough.

Tomorrow is our ‘5 à 7’, the annual Christmas party we have for the employees and clients. A glass of wine or beer, a couple of sandwiches, a bit of socializing – nothing elaborate. The huge office parties of yore are expensive, and those kinds of events never turned me on. As I get older, I like them even less. We distribute wine and cheese basket as gifts instead. The clients seem to appreciate it more….AND nobody does the drunken fool bit, or loses a driving permit on the way home.

On December 17th, my grandson will be back from Abitibi, where he is presently working, and has told his mom that he’s renting a U-haul to move his stuff into the apartment downstairs. M’mère (French equivalent of ‘granny’) is happy! It will be so nice to have him around. I know he spends most of his free time up on the ski hills, but he also has a huge TV, and is a HABS fan. I wonder if he’ll join our dance when they win?

Speaking of which – the long anticipated game between Detroit and Montreal is happening this Friday night. I’m preparing my ‘sympathy’ packages for some Wings fans. I’ve mentioned it so often that some people, who don’t usually follow the sport, will be watching this one just to see if I get egg on my face. Nah – I’m pretty sure there’ll be some Canadien logos making their way across the USA border the next day.

And that thought makes me SMILE!!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Les Canadiens ont plusieurs joueurs sur le dos, et pas n'importe qui. La soirée va être longue, mais sait-on jamais. Chanceuse d'avoir ton petit fils demeurer chez toi. Sans doute que tu vas le gâter? D'accord avec toi, les parties de bureau me tombaient sur la rate. Pour moi, et pour les autres aussi, plate à mort. Dans le temps il y en avait toujours un ou deux qui se paquetaient un peu trop et disaient des niaiseries. On avait bien plus hâte de s'en aller chez nous que d'écouter les blah, blah. Quand même, tes filles vont peut être aimer çà, ce sera du nouveau pour eux autres. Salute, Kilroy...xxx