Friday, December 17, 2010

A HARRIDAN? ME???

It’s Saskatoon Karen’s birthday today, so HAPPY B-DAY to you, Miss! You’re catching up to the rest of us, LOL! We’ll have to celebrate that when you get here (as if we need a reason to celebrate, LOL!)

My daughter phoned me yesterday, telling me she was returning my call. I was confused for a moment, because I had not tried to contact her. Then she noted that the number showing on her Caller ID was from my home, and I was at the office. We quickly deduced that it was my grandson, who returned from Abitibi Wednesday night for his 6 days off. I had given him a key when he had come to put his sports car in my garage a couple of weeks ago, and he was trying to reach me from the house now, but didn’t have my work number. It felt weird for a moment. I have been living alone with the doggies for so long, and there’s a certain freedom to that. One need not worry about any mess if it isn’t immediately cleaned up; there’s only myself and the doggies to trip over it. I had left for the city in a rush, so thoughts went flashing through my mind – did I leave any ‘unmentionables’ lying around? Would he remember to check that the dogs were inside and lock the door when leaving?

Just a moment of unease. I quickly realised that Fred’s moving in is going to do me a world of good. Without being totally aware, I have been turning into a bit of a hermit. Ninety percent of the time, outside of the office, of course, I am in solitary confinement. I rush home from work, feeling guilty if I leave the dogs shut away too long. Living so far out of town, once I do get home I don’t feel like going back out again to visit anyone. Don’t get me wrong; I relish time alone, but it may have become too much of a good thing. No doubt a short period of adjustment will be required, but having young people around again will put new life into this huge house. All of a sudden I remembered how much I’ve been missing that. There’s less danger of me becoming a grouchy old harridan, LOL!

I’ve been awake since 3 AM, so will attempt to catch that Morpheus and keep him around for an hour or two before facing traffic. Today is designated for presenting the Christmas basket to a needy family, and tonight we are to do our employee gift exchange while celebrating Line’s birthday. I don’t want to be fighting sleep on the drive home. Oh – and Suzie should be arriving from Detroit this evening too! No wonder I’m SMILING!! Sharing it with you, folks – hope it adds a little to your day!

Luv from the bush in Quebec

1 comment:

polichon said...

Let'just say you relish being alone but not for too long periods of time. C'est normal. La nature humaine le veut ainsi . Que vont penser tes voisins de voir une voiture sport devant la maison et un jeune flo qui s'est installé. Tout de suite on va penser que mémère s'est fait un chum, un jeune à part de çà.Un scandale au Dunany(LOL)