Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A BORING POST


Sunday, December 12th
SNOW!!! And lots of it!! I doubt I’ll be able to post this until tomorrow. Out here the electric power usually goes off with weather like this. In fact, I’m surprised it is still on even now! I had many errands to do today, but now all has been put on hold. I’ll never be able to get back up the driveway until it is cleaned, and the plough dudes will only come when the storm is finished. I’d just as soon sit at home and wait it out. The doggies and I are comfortable with the fire going, music playing, and the wind huffing and puffing around the windows. We smile at all the bluffing; inside we are safe and cozy.

I will NOT write about hockey today. (LOL)

Tuesday, December 14th
I needed to be at the office yesterday, so took the chance even if my driveway was not cleared. I slid down the hill in my truck, yelling ‘wheeee!’ – hoping it wouldn’t end in a BANG! I made it! Once I hit the main roads, the going was easier, and the rush hour was not too bad. I think the majority of commuters stayed at home. I phoned my plough man, who promised to get the job done during the day. He kept his promise, and I made it up to the house, mostly because of my 4 wheel drive, I’m sure. I see that just as much fell last night; it is still falling, and the driveway is full again. Working from home today is no longer just an option, but the only thing to do.

I finally loaded a book into my Kindle yesterday. I’m keeping it plugged in so that the battery is well charged. When the hydro goes off again I’ll find the Kindle easier to read than a book by candle light. I’ll also, hopefully, remember to buy gas for the generator so that I can use it when needed – which is the reason it was purchased in the first place!

There seems to be many people alone this year for Christmas…or rather, would be alone if they were not coming to my place. Anyone who has ever been part of our celebration, but then went for a couple of years without attending, has contacted me to say they will be here this year. It will be a full house. Now all I have to do is quit procrastinating and find time and the energy required to prepare things. My energy is at an all-time low, probably due to the lack of physical exercise. The shovelling required to clean my gallery should put me on the road to recovery in that area!

Sorry about this boring post, but the pile of office files beside me is making me feel guilty; distraction at its best. I know I should working, so I’ll get to it.

Sending you a huge SMILE, folks, and wishing you a great day with or without snow!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

Belle photo de scène d'hiver. Est ce en arrière de ton domaine ? Je n'ai pas compris la signification du mot Kindle. Pour moi, kindle veut dire , allumer, enflammer....Excuse mon ignorance. J'aurai besoin d'un cour. Il faudrait ralentir les activités pour en venir à éliminer cette fatigue chronique qui te poursuit. Let somebody else do the Christmas gatherings. non? et repose toi. Pourquoi je ne me mêle pas de mes affaires.? Il arrive un temps où quelqu'un d'autre doit prendre la relève.Non?. C'est notre cas. Tais toi Kilroy.