Saturday, August 24, 2013

NOTHING MUCH

Hmmm – yes, well okay. This will be a post about nothing much.

I’ve found a way to avoid becoming very grouchy each morning when I am just out of bed, not yet had my first coffee, and the doggies are bouncing around demanding their walks because they have to...well, you know...go!! Before Bob and his shenanigans, I would just open the door and away they would run, then 15 minutes later they’d come back to a caffeine satiated mistress who delights in playing with them a few minutes before starting her workday. While waiting on the fence, which is not financially possible at the moment, a part of that reason being the huge vet bills after Grump’s fight with Bob’s dogs, I anchored a long chain on the cement footing of the gallery. Now I can open my office door and tie them out, one after the other, to do their needs. Their required walk is less immediate, and I have time to wake up before being pressured into action (which, for me, is like being poked with a stick) and my mood has greatly improved, so mornings are once more pleasant.

After last week’s hot spell, the weather has been perfect; lovely, warm days for our strolls outside and cool nights where one can snuggle under a comfy blanket and welcome Morpheus. He actually has been staying around longer lately; that also greatly improves one’s morale.

I have been working on a huge file that our greedy government wants by the end of this month. I doubt it will be complete, but I should be able to remit enough to satisfy the desires of our insistent civil servants, and I am determined that it be off my back as soon as possible. Truth be told, the delay is mostly my own fault. As I once mentioned in a previous post, I am having more and more difficulty in focusing on accounting; I definitely need a change of pace. However, for this one I must bite the bullet and get it done. I can’t afford not to. So I’ve had to put my Lady’s story on hold (although I do write some of it every day) with a promise to her that I’ll give it most of my time whenever this ordeal is ended.

Helen and her son are here again this weekend, still toiling, among other things, on the wood floor upstairs. We hadn’t realized that the toilet in her bathroom would have to be removed, as well as the vanity under the sink. It’s a whole new ballgame. Her son is able, but not a construction person by trade, so there is time lost with humming and hawing while figuring out how exactly the task should be approached. Fortunately I am used to renovations in this place taking forever, and Helen is slowly adapting to things not being done yesterday, and is able to joke around with the rest of us instead of getting uptight. We all relaxed around the BBQ this evening, and they are both in bed now, and I am heading there after I finish writing this.

And I’m done.

So I’ll send you as many SMILES as the airwaves can hold, plenty to go around and even share, and say goodnight.

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: