Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MORE ABOUT BOB

Well, well – the police did come to the neighbor’s (see previous post), but it wasn’t me who called them.

Bob continued his menacing walks with his dogs on Monday. Grump and Smooch barked to let me know he was there, then surprisingly stood silently while we watched the trio walk by. The demeanor of Bob’s animals struck me as odd too. Tethered at the end of long leashes, they were trailing slowly behind their master, and gave the impression that they would rather be anywhere but where they were. Not once did they turn their great, furry heads and look at us. Was there some kind of communication among the canines? Is that why my boys suddenly became quiet, respecting the embarrassing position imposed on warrior pets by a hard-headed human?

Because of the trees and bush between our properties, I can’t see into Bob’s yard. Sound carries though, and I heard his arrival at his house, and the loud, angry words exchanged with his brother (we’ll call him Johnny), then the yelp of an animal being hurt. My hackles rose. I waited, knowing that nothing would keep me from racing down there if more yelps were forthcoming. I cannot abide any person beating an animal. Fortunately a gate slammed (I guessed it was the one on the dog-pen) and the voices ceased. I didn’t see any of them again that evening.

It was 10 PM when the sirens and the slew of fast moving tires went by my house. I was in bed, and didn’t get up. It was just the next day that I learned that both police and ambulance had been at Bob’s. No-one seems to know the reason, but the neighbour living just behind them told me she heard Johnny wandering in the bush outside around her place quite late, before all this happened. He was drunk and swearing at his dogs, loudly and...damn, but those men are so stupid!!

Since the visit by the authorities, there has been no barking when I go out with mine. Bob’s dogs are either kept inside or no longer there. I’ll know soon enough which it is.

If I was ever granted 3 wishes, one of them would certainly be that not one animal on this earth (snakes included) would ever again be mistreated. Letting Nature take its course is okay, but humans would not be allowed to be mean or irresponsible. That’s a huge wish!!

As for the other two wishes...well, I haven’t decided yet, but one of them will be about SMILES!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

No comments: