Wednesday, November 23, 2011

GLITCHES...AND SNOW!!!


Photo courtesy of Henleysroom in Photobucket

Snow!!!

And traffic!!!

Not that I am venturing out very far, but my technician is attempting to reach the city. He is to disconnect all the computers, the telephone system, and the alarm; tomorrow he will reinstall it here at home. He doesn’t have keys to the office door, but someone was supposed to meet him there this morning at 10 AM – a young man who uses our conference room to train his new employees. I guess the young man either got out of bed late or is stuck in traffic too, and is not answering his phone. On the other hand, the technician has called me at least 4 times. He has more appointments and limited time to do my job….and he’s beginning to panic! It would be so nice if something could go smoothly for once, but it looks like the ‘once’ is not going to be today.

It was wonderful to spend time with my son last night. On the drive into the city he regaled me with the latest antics of our 3 rug rats, brought me up to date on his lady’s operation (they’ve found ‘another ‘hernia….or did they miss it when operating??), and we discussed his having sold his business to become an employee (he’s quite happy with his decision, and that’s what counts!). He got busy with the drill, I tackled the boxes, and we worked together with rock music as backup. Jo is lead singer in a group with one CD to his credit, and his voice blended perfectly as he sang along. I wasn’t about to spoil it by making my ‘joyful noise’, so I compensated by executing a few dance steps around the desks. With empty cartons as my partners, there were no toes to step on, tee-hee!

I have a full day ahead of me – the garage to prepare for the invasion of office furniture, making room in my home office for loads of files and paper, letters to send out to clients and suppliers about the change of address, etc., etc.

Even with my technician’s panic, or the long list of ‘things to do’; and in spite of very little sleep under my belt, not much can spoil my mood this morning. My reaction to the first snow is like that of a little child – total exhilaration!!!

Am I SMILING?? You bet! The grin is from ear to ear! I’m anticipating sneaking outside for a short romp with Grump in that lovely white stuff before the day is done!

You know, of course, that the SMILE is winging its way through cyberspace…it will be knocking on your door any minute now!!

Luv from the Bush in Quebec.

1 comment:

polichon said...

I had to go out early this morning, and at 6h30 the traffic was heavy on highway 13. I presume it was worse around 8. Maybe the guy that was supposed to open the office door decided to stay home and let someone else shovel the snow at the entrance . Smart guy.